Aggression with new Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBrian

Juvie Member
So i'm just hoping I can get another opinion because ever since I moved Iris into her new enclosure she has been very defensive. For example just walking by her enclosure she will puff up and If I put my hand in her enclosure she will gap her mouth as well. I figure she must be stressed since we moved her into a new enclosure and new spot in the house as well but is there anything I can do to get her back to her old self? She will usually display this behavior if she sees the outdoors but she can't see the window from where she is.

Thanks

jd123

I had a similar experience when I moved my 4 month (at the time) beardie to a larger enclosure and to a different room. After approx. 2 weeks in the new location in the new enclosure he was fine. We just made sure we stayed with the same routine and interacted with him each day. He did not want to be picked up for awhile and seemed very scared of us. We gave him space but still was there with him, etc. So long as your habitat is good, I believe you are just seeing a stressed beardie. I'm sure he will be fine given time. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom