Aggression, black beard and beard puffing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
My little beardie she would snuggle up on me, but she would also hiss on me and has a black beard that is puffed up so I put her back and she starts to wall surf so I take her out and she would immediately snuggle up on me but she would hiss and have a black beard puffed up. Is that normal? her light just turned off since it's her bed time and right before her lights turn off, we would do our snuggles for like 5 mins and then I put her in her tank to sleep there.

Her lights are a basking spot uvb light and its a 75w and the other one I'm getting a new one tomorrow but she currently has a 13w 10.0 light which that is the one I'm replacing tomorrow with a T 5 long tube. currently her temperatures are at 80 on her basking area and 75 on her cool area. She is currently sleeping on my pillow but when I come near her, she would puff her beard at me and hiss and I don't want her getting mad at me for putting her back in her cage.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My little beardie she would snuggle up on me, but she would also hiss on me and has a black beard that is puffed up so I put her back and she starts to wall surf so I take her out and she would immediately snuggle up on me but she would hiss and have a black beard puffed up. Is that normal? her light just turned off since it's her bed time and right before her lights turn off, we would do our snuggles for like 5 mins and then I put her in her tank to sleep there.

Her lights are a basking spot uvb light and its a 75w and the other one I'm getting a new one tomorrow but she currently has a 13w 10.0 light which that is the one I'm replacing tomorrow with a T 5 long tube. currently her temperatures are at 80 on her basking area and 75 on her cool area. She is currently sleeping on my pillow but when I come near her, she would puff her beard at me and hiss and I don't want her getting mad at me for putting her back in her cage.
The aggression could be caused by the coil UVB your using - since your getting the T 5 tomorrow leave the coil off -- its not going to hurt her for a few days w/ out -- how old is the dragon? If she is still a baby I would leave her in the tank so she can acclimate to her surroundings - we dont recommend taking the dragons out when so young and having them a short time - its best they get used to you in their own environment - I would get her used to your hand by hand feeding and place a piece of clothing or fleece blanket something w/ your smell on it and put it in her hide- shes going to get used to you by your smell and she needs to learn to trust you - patience and trust are a big factor here -- and no its not normal for them to do what she did - you could of scared her and that may have been the reason for the hissing and the puffing up

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hello,

I have had th coil light off for a couple of days. I just replaced the light for the T 5. She is almost 7 months now. I have no idea what would spook her though since she was in a quiet place. My room was more cool than usual so I was thinking that it might've been the temp. When I woke up, she got really excited and started to run around her tank like crazy. I haven't taken her out at all today cuz I've been so busy. Im planning on taking her outside again cuz it is really warm so that way she can have some outside time.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hello,

I have had th coil light off for a couple of days. I just replaced the light for the T 5. She is almost 7 months now. I have no idea what would spook her though since she was in a quiet place. My room was more cool than usual so I was thinking that it might've been the temp. When I woke up, she got really excited and started to run around her tank like crazy. I haven't taken her out at all today cuz I've been so busy. Im planning on taking her outside again cuz it is really warm so that way she can have some outside time.
Please post a pic of your screen so I can help you get the T 5 correctly placed

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
So when I opened the light, it wasn't turning on so My dad just said to turn that off until we can get one at our store because they don't carry them and he doesn't want to go out back into south Jordan just to get one. Im really disappointed about the stupid lights I'm getting that are expensive πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So when I opened the light, it wasn't turning on so My dad just said to turn that off until we can get one at our store because they don't carry them and he doesn't want to go out back into south Jordan just to get one. Im really disappointed about the stupid lights I'm getting that are expensive πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
What exactly did you get? And where did you get it from?

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
So It was a long tube fixture T 5 bulb and I got the last one from pet co

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I usually expect to have pet co to have not really good things exept for some things but

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I usually expect to have pet co to have not really good things exept for some things but
Ok its good they even carried it -- take it back exchange it for another one they are warranted-- let me know when you get it I will help you get it placed for your tank --- in the meantime get her outside if its warm there I think you said it was --- those sun rays are good enough for now --- ask when they expect the new shipment in -- if they dont get anymore its a possibility get your money back and order from www.pangeareptiles.com - they are fast and good and ship FedEx -- shipping is pretty cheap

SPandS

Juvie Member
What fixture did you get? Did it come with a bulb? Is it possible the bulb isn't installed correctly?

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
So they said that they won't restock up until June or so.... I am really in the need of one and I just can't get one that works😒😒 I am really trying so hard to keep my beardie alive and I can't even get the right light for herπŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So they said that they won't restock up until June or so.... I am really in the need of one and I just can't get one that works😒😒 I am really trying so hard to keep my beardie alive and I can't even get the right light for herπŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
Please order from pangeareptiles.com they are fast and good I get all my bulbs from them and I got my 2 fixtures zoo meds from them please order tonight and it will be there by sat or Sunday fed ex is delivering on Sundays

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
I ordered the new Reptisun hood with free light from Chewy and my order came the next day. That may be option. Here is the link in case you want to take a look

Your pet will love this Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO High Output Reptile Terrarium Hood:
https://app.chewy.com/h7YJrbXFPob

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Okay. I will have to see if both of my parents will agree. My mom will probably say that she's not gonna spend another dime on the stupid thing. But will try my best

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Okay. I will have to see if both of my parents will agree. My mom will probably say that she's not gonna spend another dime on the stupid thing. But will try my best
If you get the 24" Zoo Med fixture make sure you get the bulb as well -- its a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5---- the bulb that comes w/ the fixture the 5.0 is not strong enough for a reptile --- distance and placement of the two bulbs are different -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris πŸ’”
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom