Age.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Okay. When we got Toothless on September first of this year, we got him from Petco. He was *maybe* 6 inches long, and we assumed he was 2 months old, based on the charts. We bring him home and in the two months we've had him... holy moly. He is 14 inches long and weighs 169g. A big boy. According to charts, he's closer to 5 or 6 months.

Can anyone do a better determination as to his age.? I called Petco and they said they got a shipment June 17th and he was most likely part of that batch, putting his birthday closer to May. Opinions.?

Attachments

• 20221101_123652.jpg
    20221101_123652.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 101

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They tend to under feed their dragons, so does petsmart. It keeps them small and is easier to sell them. It's really kindda hard to know for sure based on size because of that.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
They tend to under feed their dragons, so does petsmart. It keeps them small and is easier to sell them. It's really kindda hard to know for sure based on size because of that.
The guy at petco admitted it was an ideal environment for them so once they went home and were taken care of, they get a chance to thrive and he definitely did. I just wish I knew how old he was, he looks too small to be 6 months. He's definitely a big boy.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
If they are growing fast, it means your doing a good job. If everything is on point they can almost grow right in front of you lol.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
If they are growing fast, it means your doing a good job. If everything is on point they can almost grow right in front of you lol.
It definitely seems like he's sprouted. He was maybe 6 inches when we first got him in September and has more than doubled in size super quick. I hoped he was healthy, he looks real good.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
He looks good in his picks, spoiled maybe, but good lol.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Having purchased my beardie from a chain store, I agree- they don't know what they are talking about. I was told Rocky was a girl and younger than he was. I was given a similar story in figuring out the age - it makes sense but it could be "hey, say this based on the last batch"- LOL
I do think Rocky should be a little bigger- he is long and gained weight but like @xp29 said, if everything is on point we will see the growth. Health is most important.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom