Agave The Beardie (with pictures!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

afwife83

Hi! My name is Desray, and I am the proud slave to Agave the Bearded Dragon. I adopted her from Pratt's Pet Store in Arizona. She is a normal colored beardie, with all kinds of personality! Haha. We feed her lots of greens (mustard greens with bell pepper is her favorite!). I buy dubia roaches for her, and we are currently attempting to breed them, because they aren't cheap and she is a pig! We're working on trust, we've had her a little less than a month. They told me she was friendly when she was in her tank at their store when there were other adult beardies in the tank, and that when they sold all the rest, she became skittish. I don't know how much I believe this, but it is what it is. She doesn't hiss at me anymore and she doesn't gape when I walk up to her tank. She lets me pick her up, and she'll sit on my shoulder when I walk around for a bit. She still flips out and attempts to get away when I sit down after about 10 minutes of cuddle time. She enjoys her head being pet, and is allowing me to stroke her beard, and side of her face now, without trying to take my finger off. She doesn't like bath time, and that is the only time she willingly climbs onto my hand. Lol! :lol: She attempts to "taste" me by licking my chin, which is weird. She has a bit of the end of her tail missing, I assume it was bit off by another beardie when she was a baby. We'll continue to work on trust, I know it takes time! We changed to a strip UVA/UVB bulb, because I saw that the regular bubs can cause eye sight problems. :blob5:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Desray, welcome :wave: to the forum, it's great to have you here.

Agave is adorable and looks quite content laying on you. Great that you rescued her. Sounds like she is settling down, sometimes all it takes is patience & time.

If you have any questions/concerns or just want to share more pictures or even stories, we are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom