Afraid of crickets....

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Not Rocky, me. Is it unreasonable that I won't give Rocky crickets for fear of parasites? I am aware that there are other ways to get parasites but can someone assist me in this area. I dont know if it's worth the risk so I lean towards roaches and worms (and vegetables).
Rocky's poop is normal.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not Rocky, me. Is it unreasonable that I won't give Rocky crickets for fear of parasites? I am aware that there are other ways to get parasites but can someone assist me in this area. I dont know if it's worth the risk so I lean towards roaches and worms (and vegetables).
Rocky's poop is normal.
Roaches bsfl or silk worms are a better feeder

Kaira

Beardie name(s)
Ares
I can’t say much on the parasite part, but I used crickets for a couple of days and then switched to roaches. Dubai roaches are quiet, stay alive longer, easier to take care of, and are easier for my beardie to catch compared to crickets. Theres a lot roach breeders you can by from online too, and I’ve heard it’s easy to breed them yourself. Also, my cat really likes to swat at the jumping crickets which you can imagine ended well, but leaves the roaches alone. A little tip to if you don’t like touching the bugs; if you get those cricket keepers from the pet store with the little tubes that go into the container, the roaches like to climb in there and all you have to do is tap the tube a little and they all will fall out.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I can’t say much on the parasite part, but I used crickets for a couple of days and then switched to roaches. Dubai roaches are quiet, stay alive longer, easier to take care of, and are easier for my beardie to catch compared to crickets. Theres a lot roach breeders you can by from online too, and I’ve heard it’s easy to breed them yourself. Also, my cat really likes to swat at the jumping crickets which you can imagine ended well, but leaves the roaches alone. A little tip to if you don’t like touching the bugs; if you get those cricket keepers from the pet store with the little tubes that go into the container, the roaches like to climb in there and all you have to do is tap the tube a little and they all will fall out.
Crickets tend to give parasites I call them a dirty feeder- they stink they are noisy and they are escape artist

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Thank you everyone- I have given Rocky dubia roaches, superworms, meal worms and I have calciworms which I haven't fed her yet.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom