affordable tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

reytamminen

hello! i'm planning on buying a larger tank for chompy (he has a 40 gal, im planning on going up to 75+), do you know any websites that i can find a new one thats less than $300? my family is tight on money but i want to be able to get him the best tank possible. i want to get him one with doors. i wont be able to get a job for about a month and a half (im on a swim team and literally have no time), but he's growing rather quickly and im worried he's going to feel cramped. i've tried looking on websites like craigslist or marketplace, but i cant find anything. anything i do find that is similar to what im looking for is still out of the price range or damaged. if you know any websites where i can find a nice tank, please let me know! thank you !

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For under $300, your best bet might be to either build one from scratch using the crossfire enclosure as a model (with some modifications) or to repurpose an old hutch or dresser etc. There are a lot of examples of good ideas in the DIY section that may be worth a peek. Another advantage of building one yourself is that you can create one as large as you have space for without having to worry about moving or shipping it. I usually suggest providing as large of an enclosure as you have room for.

If you're unable to build your own, Zen Habitats are a good option. They're a little bit over your price range new, but you may be able to find something used if you keep looking for local listings. I wouldn't give up on that yet.

Keep in mind that depending on what you have in place for lighting, you may need to budget for a stronger UVB light and/or stronger basking lighting in order to achieve a healthy gradient in a larger enclosure.

Moved by moderator from General Discussion to Enclosures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom