Affection

Okay so you know how cats and dogs can recognize a kiss on the head as a sign of affection. And I know bearded dragons are limited in their ability to show affection in their own scaly way. But do you think bearded dragons recognize us kissing them as affection.?

I know, I know, you aren't supposed to kiss them, salmonella, blah blah blah. If I was gonna get it, I would have by now.๐Ÿ˜‚ I don't kiss them on the mouth, but I do atop their heads and under their chins. Ill pick up toothless, and kiss him multiple times under the chin, like you would a baby, noises and everything. And when I pull away, he looks at me like he's expecting more and will let me kiss his head all the time. So I just wondered if they recognized it as affection or just tolerance and curiosity. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Picture of Toothless with dried pumpkin on his face like lipstick and Nova "hiding" on my boyfriend for attention because they're cute as heck.

Attachments

• 20230107_091524.jpg
    20230107_091524.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 20230106_204432.jpg
    20230106_204432.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 67

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Oh they absolutely understand. And for the record the girlfriend and I both kiss on ours to ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚

Last edited:

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Oh they absolutely understand. And for thecrecord the girlfriend and I both kiss on ours to ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚
I swear he looks at me like he does. and when I only kiss him once, he looks at me like, "what.? Only one.??"๐Ÿ˜‚

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
I kiss mine to and she comes back with the lick, she licks me every time i'm near her whether its my face, my hand, my leg and I know its there way of identifying but i secretly think shes kissing me back. Shes so sweet and was def born for me. She has like her little own apartment in my room and if shes happy i'm happy.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I kiss mine to and she comes back with the lick, she licks me every time i'm near her whether its my face, my hand, my leg and I know its there way of identifying but i secretly think shes kissing me back. Shes so sweet and was def born for me. She has like her little own apartment in my room and if shes happy i'm happy.
Toothless is the saaaaame. I'll be laying with him on my chest in my face or something and will kiss his snout or under his chin, and he'll look at me, sorta tilt his head like he's deciding and then lick me right on the mouth. Or when he tries to lick us and misses, he'll keep licking until he makes contact. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I've always been a cat person and NEVER would have even considered a lizard. But by chance, we found some eggs in the garden and decided to get one and he's been my little soul mate since. He's so tolerant and trusting.

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
Toothless is the saaaaame. I'll be laying with him on my chest in my face or something and will kiss his snout or under his chin, and he'll look at me, sorta tilt his head like he's deciding and then lick me right on the mouth. Or when he tries to lick us and misses, he'll keep licking until he makes contact. ๐Ÿ˜‚

I've always been a cat person and NEVER would have even considered a lizard. But by chance, we found some eggs in the garden and decided to get one and he's been my little soul mate since. He's so tolerant and trusting.
wait a sec, there were beardie eggs in yur garden?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
wait a sec, there were beardie eggs in yur garden?
No, sorry.! Not beardie, just regular old garden lizards. We have a ton of those little black/brown lizards or skinks and we found like 12 while digging some dirt up for our garden. We thought they were snake eggs and didn't have hope. But I stuck them in a little bowl with some soil and in the sun and like a week later, there were 12 little babies and my kids (7 and 5) wanted one. For obvious reason, we couldn't keep one and were like, oh we'll go get a regular lizard, thinking they'd forget.

Well, they didn't forget. The following weekend, we went to petco and got a bearded dragon. ๐Ÿ˜… then got a second one a month later

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Man that would be soooo cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž. I haven't found eggs but i caught a baby house gecko in my garage, i had already found some dead, (it's to cold for them right now) so brought him in and set him up in a small habitat. I'm going to release him once it's warm enough. (I don't handle or try to tame him in any way, and feed him at night when he can't see me), but finding and hatching eggs would be awesome!!!

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Man that would be soooo cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž. I haven't found eggs but i caught a baby house gecko in my garage, i had already found some dead, (it's to cold for them right now) so brought him in and set him up in a small habitat. I'm going to release him once it's warm enough. (I don't handle or try to tame him in any way, and feed him at night when he can't see me), but finding and hatching eggs would be awesome!!!
It was neat.! We thought they were snake eggs and wouldn't hatch because of all the movement but I went to look and saw a little black thing blending in with the dirt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230108_204106_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230108_204106_Photos.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20230108_204110_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230108_204110_Photos.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 66

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Omg they're adorable ๐Ÿ˜ I'm so jealous right now lol.

Pumpkingirl

Okay so you know how cats and dogs can recognize a kiss on the head as a sign of affection. And I know bearded dragons are limited in their ability to show affection in their own scaly way. But do you think bearded dragons recognize us kissing them as affection.?

I know, I know, you aren't supposed to kiss them, salmonella, blah blah blah. If I was gonna get it, I would have by now.๐Ÿ˜‚ I don't kiss them on the mouth, but I do atop their heads and under their chins. Ill pick up toothless, and kiss him multiple times under the chin, like you would a baby, noises and everything. And when I pull away, he looks at me like he's expecting more and will let me kiss his head all the time. So I just wondered if they recognized it as affection or just tolerance and curiosity. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Picture of Toothless with dried pumpkin on his face like lipstick and Nova "hiding" on my boyfriend for attention because they're cute as heck.
I think they def do! I have a baby whoโ€™s only 3.5 months and when I first got her, she used to pull away when I rested my cheek on her head.. but now she willingly letโ€™s me nuzzle her, kiss her, & even lightly squeeze! I think she loves it. She doesnโ€™t resist me or try to get away. I think she likes the warmth and the security.. Now her little eyes close a little like sheโ€™s comforted by it ๐Ÿฅฐ

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. ๐Ÿ˜ด
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris ๐Ÿ’”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom