Advice or help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saryuu

Ok so I've had G'reth for ove a month and he was awesome for the first week but now I can't feed him with out him trying to bite he'll let me him but not for very long and its har Yo get him out but once he's out he's fine still all gre but i don't know what do. I'm soo upset that he keep doing this and I want to be able tompet him anywhere like he use to let me and even feed him from
My hand which I can't do either. :'( if anyone has advice on what to do Id love to hear it.

Luthien

Juvie Member
Dragon's are meant to be hand fed. Try letting him eat from a bowl or hunt his food like he's meant to do. Once he starts doing this you'll be able to feed him treats from your hand but not a meal.

As for the picking up part, your dragon is going through what we call the "Teenager stage" :p My baby is in the same stage right now as well. Don't let it worry you it will pass with time and patience. Keep holding him! Don't let him get away with anything! They will try to hiss, puff, some might even try to bite in this stage but stay confident and keep handling daily. Don't back off when they do this or they will think, "Oh if I do this I don't have to come out, sweet!"

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
Keep at it. Leave a TShirt you've worn in the tank, so he knows the smell is safe.
Use some garden gloves for hand feeding if you have a really vicious biter - but don't let him tell YOU what to do - you tell HIM.
I've had to retrain a couple of bad tempered rescues in my time - just keep persisting in doing what you want to do, and make sure to offer him nice treats when he's being good and when he's had extra handling time. He'll soon learn to behave :)

Saryuu

Original Poster
Ice been using a pair of regular gloves and he won't even lik them due to the cloth texture lol and I was able to hold him the other night for 30 mins until he fell asleep it was soo cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom