Advice on blind bearded dragon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bearded dragon is primarily blind and can’t see unless something is directly infront of his eyes. He is pretty healthy the only problem is he isn’t very active and I believe it’s because of his vision problems he may be afraid because he can’t see things. He’s very relaxed and basks all the time he sleeps fine and he’s never aggressive. He poops fine and regularly. I’m just worried he will get chunky or obese since he’s not active and if it’s normal for blind beardies to be more calm and relaxed. He does move around and walk around it’s just he doesn’t run or isn’t very active. I don’t know, maybe I’m worried about nothing but does anyone have advice or experience with a blind beardie?

Thank you! ;)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

If he seems to generally be healthy, and he is eating and getting the proper nutrients, and his husbandry is up to par, I'd say just keep doing what you are doing. Does he ever act more active or want to explore if you take him out of his enclosure?

Reptiles don't burn calories like mammals do through activity, so if your main concern is him not being active and getting fat, I wouldn't worry about it.

-Brandon

Jwilliams282

Original Poster
Hi there,

If he seems to generally be healthy, and he is eating and getting the proper nutrients, and his husbandry is up to par, I'd say just keep doing what you are doing. Does he ever act more active or want to explore if you take him out of his enclosure?

Reptiles don't burn calories like mammals do through activity, so if your main concern is him not being active and getting fat, I wouldn't worry about it.

-Brandon
He doesn’t really do much when I take him out he climbs on me and sleeps on me or I made a little hammock and he lays in it and sleeps in there. I bathe him and he kind of runs away in there but that’s really the only time he moves a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom