Advice on accidental mating...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, my 2 year old female likes to run around the living room for a bit everyday. I am always in there with her of course, but she has a couple of spots she gets in where I can't really see her. So the day that this happened, I literally saw her go behind the grandfather clock, which is one of her hiding spots, so I just sat on the couch waiting for her to come back out. A few minutes later, I hear my daughter holler "CHARMANDER CHARMILION CHAZARD JONES THE FIRST, STOP THAT!" and here she comes down the hallway holding my Ziggy Marie! She proceeds to say "MOM you HAVE to tell me when you let Ziggy out! Char got ahold of her!" Her bedroom is down the hall and apparently Ziggy had snuck out from behind the clock and darted down the hall to my daughter's room, where she unknowingly had one of our males out running around in her floor! She puts Ziggy down on the floor and she would take a step and shake her butt, take another step and shake her butt... so I pick her up and look and there is a little tiny bit of blood on her vent! My daughter said she thought she caught him in time, but he was on top of her biting the back if her neck and aggressively going side to side, but that it happened so fast she wasn't sure if he had been able to get her tail lifted or not. Apparently he was successful in his endeavor however, as she was walking really funny and had a little blood on her vent. Charmander, though he THINKS he is grown, is only 9 MONTHS OLD!!! My question here is could he have gotten her pregnant at such a young age? She had been acting really strange and displaying mating behavior, even though it is not mating season, but since that encounter she hasn't shown any interest in the boys whatsoever when she sees them from her enclosure if we happen to have them in the living room, whether they are bobbing like crazy or not. She could care less now. And she started eating again where she had been refusing her morning salad and not even wanting live feeders much before this. I know he is too young to intentionally breed, but I can't find anything online to tell me whether or not he COULD have successfully bred her. Does anyone know if it is possible? I love our dragon babies so much, but they are going to give me grey hair, I'm afraid! Always into SOMETHING!!! 😆

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok, my 2 year old female likes to run around the living room for a bit everyday. I am always in there with her of course, but she has a couple of spots she gets in where I can't really see her. So the day that this happened, I literally saw her go behind the grandfather clock, which is one of her hiding spots, so I just sat on the couch waiting for her to come back out. A few minutes later, I hear my daughter holler "CHARMANDER CHARMILION CHAZARD JONES THE FIRST, STOP THAT!" and here she comes down the hallway holding my Ziggy Marie! She proceeds to say "MOM you HAVE to tell me when you let Ziggy out! Char got ahold of her!" Her bedroom is down the hall and apparently Ziggy had snuck out from behind the clock and darted down the hall to my daughter's room, where she unknowingly had one of our males out running around in her floor! She puts Ziggy down on the floor and she would take a step and shake her butt, take another step and shake her butt... so I pick her up and look and there is a little tiny bit of blood on her vent! My daughter said she thought she caught him in time, but he was on top of her biting the back if her neck and aggressively going side to side, but that it happened so fast she wasn't sure if he had been able to get her tail lifted or not. Apparently he was successful in his endeavor however, as she was walking really funny and had a little blood on her vent. Charmander, though he THINKS he is grown, is only 9 MONTHS OLD!!! My question here is could he have gotten her pregnant at such a young age? She had been acting really strange and displaying mating behavior, even though it is not mating season, but since that encounter she hasn't shown any interest in the boys whatsoever when she sees them from her enclosure if we happen to have them in the living room, whether they are bobbing like crazy or not. She could care less now. And she started eating again where she had been refusing her morning salad and not even wanting live feeders much before this. I know he is too young to intentionally breed, but I can't find anything online to tell me whether or not he COULD have successfully bred her. Does anyone know if it is possible? I love our dragon babies so much, but they are going to give me grey hair, I'm afraid! Always into SOMETHING!!! 😆
We need ABHD to answer this question -- I will flag the post

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
@AHBD

Using new "Mention" syntax to let @AHBD know about the thread. Had to delete first attempt. It helps to type the username correctly. :) I too often say "ABHD", but it's "AHBD". :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I doubt the mating attempt was successful as described but there's a slight possibility. Usually you might see a drop of semen rather than blood at the vent but sometimes the male's claw comes around and scratches the female or himself as he's trying to clasp with his back feet to hold her in place. At 9 months he's definitely old enough so just watch the female in the next few weeks to see what happens. Oh, and don't worry , I've been called ADHD on here as well. : D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom