Adopt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caldera

91405-790259354.jpg
]Hi all,

I'm new to beardies, which is to say I don't have one yet, and I was wondering if the one pictured is a normal or if it is a morph of some sort. Seller is looking for $100 for her and her setup (50 gal tank, lights, calcium and a few other things). He is about an hour and a half from me, and I don't want to drive that far unless it's a really good deal. He says she's sweet and that his 3 yo niece holds her all the time. I'm a snake lady who's decided it might be time for a lizardy friend...

Cmane419

That is a good deal u would have to spend at least 300$ for the beardie with the set up if u bought from a.pet store tanks aren't cheap uvb bulbs can be pricey aswell calcium is cheap everything else so-so depending beardie up here are 60$ each alone so I would say do ur research and jump in the deal.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
It depends. Do you have pics of the set up? Where did he originally purchase the dragon? Why is he selling? I would ask some more questions, just in case

Caldera

Original Poster
I can't figure out how to post another photo, the setup is ok...I would clean it and make it nicer. Dragon looks to be healthy. He's rehoming because he lost his job and doesn't think he'll be able to keep up with her needs.

Caldera

Original Poster
its a 55 gallon tank 2 dome lights one night one basking a heat pad two hides a rock to help sheding calcium and water dish...lights are new and one done is new

That's what he said yesterday when I asked about the setup. I figure the tank is worth at least $50, and the lights aren't too far behind that...

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
I paid $200 for Scaley with her setup and a new baby dragon here is $120. So a full setup for $100 would be worth it, imo. You'll pay more getting all the stuff together yourself and you can still upgrade items like you mentioned.

I'd check the make of the UV light, you might have to replace it if it's a coil bulb. Also just ask if she's/he's ever had a vet visit? I took mine into the vet when i got her for a checkup just for peace of mind, and if you have other reptiles it's a good idea to have a quarantine area in case she has parasites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom