Acting weird, could it be brumation or sick?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you that’s put my mind to rest abit, so scary thought there might of been something wrong with him, do you think it’s best to turn his light off abit earlier
If hes sleeping yes -- if hes eaten later then know you want him to be able to bask at least 2-3 hrs before lights out

Lissy123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Henry
He didn’t come out to eat this evening , so I left him to sleep. Thank you I’ll turn his light off then hopefully he’ll come out again in the morning to have something small to eat

Lissy123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Henry
If hes sleeping yes -- if hes eaten later then know you want him to be able to bask at least 2-3 hrs before lights out
Hi karrie, just an update my beardie has been in brumation since we spoke last, well I’m guessing it’s brumation, he’s been on his cool side inside his hide, sleeping on and off he’s been out a few times for a bit then gone straight back in. he’s not eaten anything at all, I’ve been giving him drops of water on the top of his nose which he likes. Every week I’ve been getting him out putting him under his lamp then giving him a bath and putting him back. He’s been out tho the last 2 days just on his basking log. He looks so weak tho not active at all, just lying there like he wants to fall off to sleep. He has me so worried just wondering if you think all this is normal? Not changed anything in his tank. I keep an eye on all his temperatures daily. I’ve still been putting his lights on daily just for a little less time tho. Any advice would be much appreciated thank iou

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hi karrie, just an update my beardie has been in brumation since we spoke last, well I’m guessing it’s brumation, he’s been on his cool side inside his hide, sleeping on and off he’s been out a few times for a bit then gone straight back in. he’s not eaten anything at all, I’ve been giving him drops of water on the top of his nose which he likes. Every week I’ve been getting him out putting him under his lamp then giving him a bath and putting him back. He’s been out tho the last 2 days just on his basking log. He looks so weak tho not active at all, just lying there like he wants to fall off to sleep. He has me so worried just wondering if you think all this is normal? Not changed anything in his tank. I keep an eye on all his temperatures daily. I’ve still been putting his lights on daily just for a little less time tho. Any advice would be much appreciated thank iou
Post a pic of him - is he black bearding? Have you weighed him lately?

Lissy123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Henry
Yes I weighed him yesterday he weighs exactly the same which is 400g. I’ve turned his tank off now, I can get a picture of him in the morning when I turn it back on

Lissy123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Henry

Attachments

• C5C1914B-3A99-438F-89F8-7A45E1D1B443.jpeg
    C5C1914B-3A99-438F-89F8-7A45E1D1B443.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 8CA6DE69-80E7-484D-8ACD-FE0CDDB6AE55.jpeg
    8CA6DE69-80E7-484D-8ACD-FE0CDDB6AE55.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 60

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you that’s put my mind to rest abit, so scary thought there might of been something wrong with him, do you think it’s best to turn his light off abit earlier
If hes gone to bed yes shut it off -- I will shut my dragons lights off if they have gone into their hides and are sleeping

Lissy123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Henry
If hes gone to bed yes shut it off -- I will shut my dragons lights off if they have gone into their hides and are sleeping
Hi karrie or anyone else that might be able to help, my beardies still isn’t eating or doing much, keeps falling asleep under his light or wherever he is in his tank, should I be worried at all? Could he still be partially brumating? He’s just not interested in food at all. Is there anything I can get to try to in entice him to have some food? Thank you for all your help so far

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hi karrie or anyone else that might be able to help, my beardies still isn’t eating or doing much, keeps falling asleep under his light or wherever he is in his tank, should I be worried at all? Could he still be partially brumating? He’s just not interested in food at all. Is there anything I can get to try to in entice him to have some food? Thank you for all your help so far
Is his weight still the same? How long is he awake for and how long is he basking now? And it sounds like hes moving around the tank?

Lissy123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Henry
Hi karrie thank you for getting back to me his weight is the same 400g , I went out this morning to try get him a new UVB light as his is coming up to 9 months old, couldn’t get one looked in a few stores, so ordered one online, will have to wait for it to come. Could this be causing the issue?his one is on and letting of light. Was just trying to think of things that could help him. I picked up some wax worms and he ate 3 couldn’t believe it. First thing he’s eaten. Is there anything else I can try to feed him as I know the wax worms are not to great to feed. Or should I carry on given them to him if he’s going to eat them . Thank you so much for all your help

Lissy123

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Henry
Is his weight still the same? How long is he awake for and how long is he basking now? And it sounds like hes moving around the tank?
Sorry he seems to stay awake for abit then just fall asleep on this basking spot on and off throughout the day. He wakes up if you go in the room and if you get him out the tank he seems to be happy running around.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom