acting weird after water touches him

Status
Not open for further replies.
every time i try giving my bearded dragon water he does this weird breathing gasping thing, if i put water on him at all or try having him drink it he does it, ive taken him to the vet more then once and they tell me he looks good but last time they gave him medicine for a respiratory infection and it worked and he didn’t do it again until i tried giving him water again
i give him horned worms often because i heard they are good in hydration because he won’t drink water without doing the gasping, he also refuses to eat greens (he use to love them) and i do give him baby food by hand but he did eat greens about a week ago and i was very surprised but they were completely dry and crunchy but i tried giving him new greens the next day and he refused to eat them and they were wet
if anyone has advice on what to do or on why he does this i would really appreciate it, it really stresses me out because i never know what to do
he has a new uvb 10 watt
his tank stays between 95-100 degrees
he has the green carpet in his tank
his humidity is normally in between 30-40ish

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It sounds like hes aspirating - how are you giving the water by syringe? If you are please stop - rinse his salads before serving and he will get his hydration from there --- and also gut loaded insects feed at nite then feed in the morning - roaches eat at nite --- the 10 watt UVB is a coil please replace it w/ this the coils are NO good and cause all kinds of health hazzards -
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html 24" w/ this bulb
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-t5.html 22" ---
proper distance and placement is key here when you get the new UVB please post back on here and I can help you get it properly placed --- this is EXTREMELY important ---
how old is the dragon ? Order some BSFL DO NOT DUST http://www.symtonbsf.com
please get the UVB as soon as you can and the BSFL ---- make sure your taking basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer --- your dragon is dehydrated if his urate is chalky and dried out looking

kaitlynnachole

Original Poster
he is 3, so i think i’m not 100% sure because who i got him from wasn’t very clear about it
i don’t give him water with a syringe but that is how the vet told me to give him the baby food and i always wash his green no matter what
where exactly do i get gut loaded insects? do i gut load them myself or do i order them like that? and which insect do i get?
i’m sorry i seem so lost, because everywhere i go they tell me something else and it’s confusing but i will look up the uvb you sent me and get whatever
do you think he does that with the water because he don’t like it? and if so how am i supposed to get him to drink if he acts weird every time afterwards? i thought i was doing it all right but i guess not and im willing to do whatever will help if it’s the right thing

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need to gutload the insects feed them at night make sure your hydrating them w/ water crystals or you can use carrots- dragons do not need water every day+ once a week or every other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom