Acting really weird after her bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keegaroo

I may just be paranoid, that's what my parents say at least, but I would like a second opinion on this... My girl, Puff, (I never realized how common of a name Puff was for beardies, lol), acts strange after her baths. During the bath, she's pretty okay. She doesn't seem to really like them, but she tolerates them. After her bath, I put her in her enclosure near her basking spot, but every time without fail, she'll drag herself around on the floor for a good fifteen minutes. This, I assume is her tying to fully dry herself off. But this time, she dragged herself around, then went in her water dish, dragged herself around on the ground, went in her water, dragged, water, dragged, water, etc. etc. for a good ten minutes before i went in and had to move her - she was soaking her enclosure. She seemed a little freaked out, which is really uncommon for her, she's the most easygoing dragon I've ever met, lol. Does this sound like something's wrong or is this normal..? I apologize if it's just me being paranoid, I would just hate to miss something and have her suffer because of it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't usually see that behavior associated with baths. I usually see them drag their bellies during a shed to help loosen skin along their chest and belly. Do you see signs of an oncoming shed?

keegaroo

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1thfwud4 said:
I don't usually see that behavior associated with baths. I usually see them drag their bellies during a shed to help loosen skin along their chest and belly. Do you see signs of an oncoming shed?

Yes, actually, she's just started shedding her head, maybe that's it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom