Acorn Squash.

loveminimouse1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Hello Mushu has turned very picky lately. Hes about 1 years old and use to eat one to two full salads a day and suddenly doesnt want it as much. hell eat about half of it. i tried adding new items to get him to budge but nope. he hated acorn squash. i tried dusting it with bee pollen and literately licked it off.:confused: i tried bock choy and he liked it - kinda. hell only eat his arugula... and a blueberry if i give him one. hes spit out asparagus, pepper, and apples. for greens hes "turned his nose" to dandelion greens and collard greens.
Hes pooping fine, hes basking fine, hes alert, and giving me a stank eye.
should i try cooking the squash (blanch) to change the texture.. or should i try something else? i will try the cactus pad once i get it. I am willing to hold his dubias from him till he goes back to a full salad, i just want others opinions (more experienced) before i do so. I know they are stubborn.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

They sure do get picky with their eating when they get a little older, or they change their preferences
for awhile.
You can try cooking the Acorn squash a bit to see if her will eat it. Have you tried butternut squash yet?
Maybe he might like that. A lot tend to like the cactus pad so hopefully you will have luck with that also.
Arugula is always good, has a great peppery flavor. I assume you have tried mustard & collard greens?
I know he would be fine if you reduced his protein some if his weight is good, so you can definitely do that
but still keep a moderate amount.
I'm sure more will chime in for other ideas! I am moving your thread to the feeding so it gets more views
for you.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom