Acceptable Baby Food flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Just wondering what's best I do beach nut brand baby food bc it has no added sugars but I wanna switch up the flavors a bit (I'm also using critical care by Vet instructions)

I have used
Sweet Potato
Butternut Squash
Carrots
Pumpkin

What would be acceptable fruits/greens/veggies in baby food form? They have a really really wide range of flavors this is just some (also mixed together)
Banana
Pears
Grapes
Apple's
Peas
Plums
Squashes

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There's a lot of good stuff you can try. I've had the best luck with squash, green beans, and sweet potato baby food. I've also blended my own slurry based on typical dragon salads - that's more work but cheaper and easier to modify ingredients. Pumpkin is likely to be a hit, and so is banana, but I would go easy with banana since fruit is usually higher in sugar content.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":32dkb4t4 said:
There's a lot of good stuff you can try. I've had the best luck with squash, green beans, and sweet potato baby food. I've also blended my own slurry based on typical dragon salads - that's more work but cheaper and easier to modify ingredients. Pumpkin is likely to be a hit, and so is banana, but I would go easy with banana since fruit is usually higher in sugar content.
Ya I read about making my own blend with her I'm using butternut squash pumpkin sweet potatoes and today I'm using carrots. I use critical care and its banana and apple flavor so I'm sure she will love apple and bananas my concern is 1) sugar and 2) banana binds calcium I thought. I'm not sure if its the same with baby food as it would be with a actual banana the ones I listed have natural sugars no added sugars (like 2-3g tops) depending the flavor of baby food so thats a plus. If you dont mind me asking what "homemade" blend do you use are you going by the natural diet or only the ones your beardie likes?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A little bit of banana isn't likely to cause any issues, especially when offered as part of a larger variety. When I blended my own, it was usually a mix of favorites but also healthy staples. What I put in it would vary depending on what was fresh/available at the store at a given time. I also tried to vary it a little bit as I could. Generally I'd mix something like collards along with some green beans and squash (sometimes bell pepper, or other veges or greens instead) and some water in a blender. Then I'd pour that through a sieve to get the big chunks out, then I'd pour the rest through a cheesecloth to remove some water and bring the consistency down to about the same as baby food. My goal was to make it easy to load into a syringe and be able to release it smoothly (big chunks would clog and cause the food to splatter everywhere). I blended up a small jar of the mixture that would last a week or so. I liked being able to change the ingredients to provide a more balanced diet. It was cheaper than baby food, but not nearly as convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom