Abrasion that's turned into a cut

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
My Amber is hard at work nesting again and I'm hoping she drops her eggs sooner than later. She had a abrasion that was fine from her last clutch of eggs and all the digging. The abrasion is on her palm and now it's turned into a cut that I'm concerned about I don't want it to become infected.

Should I make a vet visit? (Had one 2 days ago)

Note: I gently lifted her fingers up for the pic not bent it back

Attachments

• IMG_20230605_162616.jpg
    IMG_20230605_162616.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20230605_162619.jpg
    IMG_20230605_162619.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 52

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My Amber is hard at work nesting again and I'm hoping she drops her eggs sooner than later. She had a abrasion that was fine from her last clutch of eggs and all the digging. The abrasion is on her palm and now it's turned into a cut that I'm concerned about I don't want it to become infected.

Should I make a vet visit? (Had one 2 days ago)

Note: I gently lifted her fingers up for the pic not bent it back
Put some raw filtered honey on it-- NO crickets in the tank if your feeding them

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Put some raw filtered honey on it-- NO crickets in the tank if your feeding them
Can't say I have ever heard of that but I'll pick up some I also heard people say to use warm soapy water but not sure that was a bearded dragon or not.

I am hand feeding her crickets (worms and roach's are on the way) she had 1 cricket today and about 7-8 yesterday.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
You need unpasteurized or Manuka. You can find it at whole foods or sprouts ect.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Unfiltered is fine-
So raw unfiltered honey on a q-tip and a dab on her cut? I just wanna make sure you know she is burrowing and digging so sand/soil may get stuck to it.

I can do it tonight and as I put her to bed she won't be burrowing and I can let the honey sit for the night and she can't aggravate the cut

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yup 🙂.
...... here they are darned proud of that stuff, it should be called liquid gold for the price 🥴🤪

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, the manuka honey is expensive, but, it does last quite a long time though. It doesn't take
much to apply on the area, so it will be money well spent.
How is her hand doing, any better?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hello,

Yes, the manuka honey is expensive, but, it does last quite a long time though. It doesn't take
much to apply on the area, so it will be money well spent.
How is her hand doing, any better?

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie
I haven't messed with her yet she is starting to eat a ton after having her 28 eggs but I'm gonna examine it tomorrow when I feed both my beardies.

She seems to be tender and doesn't like me playing with her abrasion/cut so I figured I would give her 24-48 hrs post clutch before I checked it again

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom