A few questions about my girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryanps

Hey everyone! So I have a few questions to ask and a maybe issue with my little one! So a few things to go over first.

We have had her 1 1/2 months now. She is in a 40 gal breeder as of now but her upgrade has been ordered and will be here in about 3 months. It’s going to be a 4x2x2.

She has an T5 Arcadia 24” fixture with reflector and the 12% bulb. It is mounted inside her tank with her highest basking point about 12 inches away and the floor about 15 inches away.

I am using a 100w basking bulb that keeps her temps around 102-108(maybe a bit high? Also one of my questions is age so I know that determines temps)
That temp is taken with a probe thermometer.
The cool side of her tank hovers around 82 also taken with a probe. Humidity is between 35 and 45 most days taken with a digital hygrometer.

She is fed (offered) salads every day consisting of a rotation of collards, mustard, turnip, dandelion greens and kale. Not all at once but rotate as I get things. She gets veggies every few days bell peppers, and carrots mostly. She enjoys blueberry but only occasionally. Her main staple for bugs is Dubais with a rotation of horn wax and supers as treats. Right now I am feeding about 15-20 Dubia in the morning and another 10 - 15 most afternoons if I’m at home ( I work in a kitchen so a few days she only gets the morning). Do you think that is to much for her( age question farther down). I do dust her food with repashy calcium plus every other day ( to much you think? Should I switch to something different?).

Finally she is on carpet at the moment but either plan on a bioactive or tile with the new enclosure once it comes, have not made up my mind on that one yet.

So now that is all taken care of my fist question is at 15 1/2 inches and 160 or so grams what age do we think she is? I’m thinking 10 to 12 months but not completely sure.

And now for the maybe issue. Today she was a bit restless with some glass surfing and running about ( my mom is in town so this is coming from her cause I was at work while it was going on) she isn’t showing stress marks at the moment but what is worrisome is that she had 4 poops today. She has had 1 or 2 almost every day since we brought her home but 4 seems excessive. I am planning on getting a fecal test done on Thursday or Friday as our vet is out of the office tomorrow. They are normal as far as my mom described and while she said it was smelly it didn’t make her and my kids want to get out of the room. Could I be feeding to much protein for her age or does it sound like parasites or possibly she is sick.
Sorry for the long post but figured I would get everything in the first post so you all don’t have to ask me for all the details. Thanks so much and this forum is awesome it has helped me to understand a lot about my new little one.
Ryan

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Everything sounds great but I haft to say NO ENEMAS at the vet take a fecal in
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=252267
they often end in disaster --you need to take a fecal in ---- she needs protein if she is under a year --- EVERY DAY-- 5 x per week w/ calcium D3 ONCE per feeding-- vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding
Dragons grow at different rates https://www.everythingreptiles.com/how-big-do-bearded-dragons-get/ It is hard to say how old she is --- you can post a pic of her and see if someone can determine her age

Ryanps

Original Poster
Thank you and yes I was going to drop a sample at the vet. She is very regular so has a movement every morning around the same time. I’ll get a good pic of her tomorrow to see if an age can be determined.
-Ryan

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your tank setup is very nice.
Definitely take a fecal sample to them, it is much safer.
What types of greens are you feeding her? Since she is most likely under a year, she still
needs her protein but you can continue to push the greens & vegetation. Parasites can
cause digestive issues so that is a possibility.
We will look forward to seeing pictures of her.

Tracie

Ryanps

Original Poster
Here is a few pics from this morning after breakfast!
110998-3812035755.jpg
110998-7198395738.jpg
110998-1699762056.jpg
Greens are a rotation of collards, mustard, turnip, dandelion greens and kale. Not all at once but rotate as I get things. She gets veggies every few days bell peppers, and carrots mostly. She enjoys blueberry but only occasionally.
-Ryan

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am gonna take a guess and say shes about 5-6 months old --- just from looking at her size wise-- I will have AHBD take a look and see if she can give you a guess

Ryanps

Original Poster
Thank you and if that’s her age she is much younger than I originally guessed. Looks like I should have started that dubia colony I was thinking about cause she can eat and if that goes on for another 6-8 months that’s a lot of bugs! Lol
-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom