A few health questions! please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Hello, I recently bought a Fancy bearded dragon in October. The store said she was about 3-4 months old, and she was 6 inches long, nose to tip of tail. Now, about 4 months later she is only 10 inches long.. I'm worried shes a bit small? Or is she just a slow grower? she eats fine. and has a T8 UVB bulb

My 7 year old leatherback bearded dragon male, eats fine. but I have not seen any sort of poo within the last 3 weeks. I'm really worried!!

I was holding the fancy bearded dragon earlier, and the 7 year old male saw her.. beard turned black, pacing his cage wall bobbing his head. I was extremely surprised when the fancy started waving her arms and bobbing her head back at him! Is this normal behavior? is she wanting to breed with him as much as he wants to with her? (I'm not going to think about breeding until shes at least 2 years old, and I'm doing more research on is their morphs are fine together.) But I just thought I'd ask :) :blob8: :blob5:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please dont let them breed she is too young yet ----- also where in the tank is the T 8 --- placement is key-- it should be inside the tank 6-8 inches from basking and no cover on the bulb - bulb exposed for best effects of rays
Karrie

OpalAndZayde

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm not even thinking about breeding until she's 2-3. and probably not even then ;) and, its hanging inside tank, about 5 inches away from basking spot, no cover. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like it's just her- mine was slow at first and I weighed him this morning and he's doubled his weight since I last weighed I'm not long ago he is 6.5 months old- and is in constant shed and a crab ass
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bert_L
Top Bottom