A custom enclosure with sliding glass doors, safety concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
So I bought a custom enclosure with sliding glass doors. Unfortunately, (I am not sure what they are called), but the slots that they slide into were not really secured. In other words, they easily fell off and the glass itself almost dropped.

With that said, what do you recommend to secure the sliding slots/borders that holds the glass?

Here is the enclosure that I have, mine is 4ftx2ft.
jkFqZR2.jpg

The white borders that hold the glass concerns me. They literally just fell off as if they were glued. No screws or nails to hold them down.

If I can't secure them, I'll have to find a way to replace the glass with something safer.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Liquid nails , Silastic , Selleys araldite super strength epoxy adhesive the easiest fixes .

Simply lift the doors out , then slip the door tracks out, apply the glue of choice , to the surface where the tracks butt against , slide tracks back in place and let stand for a week or so to cure and set and degas , and then you'll find it's easier to destroy the enclosure than remove the tracks.

Reinstall the glass , make sure they still slide.

Good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom