petriethebeardie

Beardie name(s)
Petrie
hi guys, im a new beardie owner and just have a few questions. 1st is.. i just got my little one a week ago and he’s eating just fine and pooping well so i’m thinking he is healthy. One thing i’m worried about is his hydration. I know that they can go with out water for a while but he does not want to drink water and he eats some greens that are sprayed with water so he stays hydrated.. is that normal and is he hydrated? he is also staying in his basking spot all day he’s only a juvenile so i’m just not sure. Also.. he seems to be shedding a bit or trying to (he itches his head) on a little hammock he has what can i do to help him or do i need to ? One last question.. He does not like crickets too much he only eat about 5-10 when i put them in his cage. i do that about twice a day.. is that ok?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
hi guys, im a new beardie owner and just have a few questions. 1st is.. i just got my little one a week ago and he’s eating just fine and pooping well so i’m thinking he is healthy. One thing i’m worried about is his hydration. I know that they can go with out water for a while but he does not want to drink water and he eats some greens that are sprayed with water so he stays hydrated.. is that normal and is he hydrated? he is also staying in his basking spot all day he’s only a juvenile so i’m just not sure. Also.. he seems to be shedding a bit or trying to (he itches his head) on a little hammock he has what can i do to help him or do i need to ? One last question.. He does not like crickets too much he only eat about 5-10 when i put them in his cage. i do that about twice a day.. is that ok?
Welcome to the forum- Petrie is going thru relocation stress he's eating is going to be off- watch his poops for hydration - the poop should be dark formed and moist the urate white formed and moist- yes spray his greens that is how they get moisture and by gut loading the insects the night before you feed them-- what size tank is he in and what are you using for a uvb-- please no coils - also his basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- have more questions or need help please ask-- correct uvb and good basking temps will help him acclimate to his tank and surroundings-

petriethebeardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Petrie
Welcome to the forum- Petrie is going thru relocation stress he's eating is going to be off- watch his poops for hydration - the poop should be dark formed and moist the urate white formed and moist- yes spray his greens that is how they get moisture and by gut loading the insects the night before you feed them-- what size tank is he in and what are you using for a uvb-- please no coils - also his basking temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- have more questions or need help please ask-- correct uvb and good basking temps will help him acclimate to his tank and surroundings-
ok perfect, he is pooping and it looks good so does urate. Right now he’s in a 40 gallon and I have a coil UVB so i need to get the long strip one right? and i just checked basking temp and it’s at 96 right now. so i think i just need to upgrade the UVB.. thank you!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
ok perfect, he is pooping and it looks good so does urate. Right now he’s in a 40 gallon and I have a coil UVB so i need to get the long strip one right? and i just checked basking temp and it’s at 96 right now. so i think i just need to upgrade the UVB.. thank you!!
Yes check www.pangeareptile.com for the uvb-- look under fixtures let me know when you get the uvb I will help you place it for your tank - placement and distance will be determined by your screen

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom