A baby on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpedraconum

Hatchling Member
Hello All,

:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Josh from Phantom Dragons is sending me a little Dark bundle of joy! I can't wait!!! Since she is so dark, I feel that only Nox is really a suitable name. I can't wait to post pics of her. Josh was beyond helpful in trying to find the perfect girl. He warned me that the darker the dragon's natural color the more you need to watch the tanks temps, cause if the dragon can't naturally cool off by lightening the color, you have to lower the tanks temps. I am looking forward to getting this girl. Wish me luck on the new project, I really hope everything goes well, and pics to come soon.

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Drew

carpedraconum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Okay, so now I'm a little excited and nervous :? :) . Josh from phantom just informed me that he is sending me TWO darker baby dragons!! Now I need advice, if I were to build a five by two foot tank and divide it, would that be enough room for the little ones. Cause then I could put one 36in florescent light in the center with two basking bulbs and be set. Is this realistic? I'm contemplating trying to find someone to adopt the one, but I have a very bad feeling that I am not going to be able to part with it once I have it. I am more than excited :blob5: to have my Dragon menagerie and know I can care for them, I just want to be sure I can manage the space right now. I've done all the research for a large group care :study: since I want to breed some of these Dragons, but just want a little advice. Thanks.

Please Help!!

Drew

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Excited to see pics! If you split the tank, it would be fine temporarily but when they're full grown, they each need 2 feet of space.

carpedraconum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The Babies Just Arrived!! :D :blob5: :blob8: :mrgreen:

Both are gorgeous and I will send pics once I get a chance to upload to photobucket.

It is really cool to see the completely black eye of a full translucent in person. And I can't wait to show them off.

Drew

carpedraconum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The best thing about these little guys is that they both ate when I took them home. Nox ate 3 crix and a silkworm and Demon ate 6 crix and 4 silkworms. I was so happy. The last time I got little dragons, they didn't for 2 days. I'm really hoping that this is a good sign.

Can't wait to get back home and load the pictures!

Drew

carpedraconum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My new babies!!!
IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

All the dragons in the tub.
IMG_1465.jpg

Nox next to Angel, just a way to show how dark she is.

Drew

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Stunning babies! They're so adorable :D Nox is a very unique coloring. I don't think I've ever seen such a dark beardie! Great pics, love the one with all of them in the bathtub!

carpedraconum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was able to snap a few more pics this weekend. These two are great and I am so thankful to Josh for sending me Shadow as and extra bonus when all I was expecting was Nox

the two getting used to a tank and not a bin, they still are side by side all the time
IMG_1482.jpg

and a little closer up
IMG_1483.jpg

The only thing that's a little different is that Shadow seems to have a much more bullet shaped head as opposed to the rest of dragons. Is this a normal oddity, or will the little one grow into his head, or is Shadow just a bit different.

Thanks,

Drew

rowena

Babies are always so adorable when they are babies. Then become grumpy adults. You are making me want to get more than two!

carpedraconum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It is an addiction, but I know have the exact dragons I set out looking for, and want to make sure these get a great start. I'm a little worried about the dark ones cause of the warning I received from Josh, but I am doing all I can. They are settling in very nice, and Shadow has lost most stress marks in three days, but Nox still is a bit speckled. But I could not ask for a better house of dragons.

Drew

carpedraconum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I was able to get a couple really nice pics or Nox's color and shadow is identical just a bit bigger.

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

Thanks

Drew and the Super Six!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom