8 year old dragon seems ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellene

My dragon is a girl whi is 8 years old. She is not doing well. Is it brumnation?Her beard seems black I can't afford the vet bill right now. Can you help me? Love her Mommy
86979-4695418826.jpg

popsickle18

Juvie Member
Woah she is looking very very thin. Her eyes are sunken too. What is her feeding schedule like and what is she eating, if anything at all? How is her tank setup? She needs a warm bath right away to see if she will attempt to drink anything on her own.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
[Moved from Website Comments to Health]

As everyone had already said, she does not look good at all. She's way thinner than normal for brumation and her eye is sunken in. The black beard (if it's constant) is an indication that she's not feeling well.

What does her poops look like and does it smell?
What are you feeding her and how often?
When was the last time she ate? What was it?

ellene

Original Poster
Thank you for the information. She has not been eating very much. Her cage set up is very up to date. Uv lights, spot basking and heat lamp. A friend of mine is recommending an affordable vet to see. I appreciate your comments

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
If you can, let us know what the vet says and if there's anything else we can help you with.

Good luck.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh dear, she is very thin!
Can you review the type & brand of UVB lights you are using though & the supplementation schedule she is on? How long has she not been feeling well?
Definitely let us know how she is doing & how the vet visit goes also.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom