8 monthold

Brandon L

Not eating anything other than flukers reptile boost. He got a new much larger enclosure, he's refusing both crickets and Dubai roaches.

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Is that all he’s ever been fed? How long have you had him? What’s his health and setup like?

Sorry for so many questions, but why is he on flukers reptile boost? He should’ve been started on both bugs and veggies at a young age, can you also post a pic of him?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We can review your tank setup with you, such as the type/brand of UVB, temperatures, etc.
Are you able to post some pictures of him along with the tank setup too so we can see the
lighting placement?

Tracie

Brandon L

Original Poster
Well he's been eating veggies, crickets, and for the last 4 months dubia roaches mainly. We try to mix other feeders in as well black soldier flies. He originally came from petsmart in April.

We moved recently and changed his UVB light to the correct type from the incorrect type. Also gave him his adult terrarium of 120 gallons from 40 gallons.

He completely stopped eating a couple weeks ago, he's maybe 7 months old so likely too young to be brumating. He also stopped pooping.

Got very concerned about the little guy because that's not like him at all. Normally he's like clockwork moves his bowels every other day you can almost set your watch to it. And a very healthy eater of veggies and bugs.

I thought a stimulant would bring his appetite back.

Attachments

• 20221104_221828.jpg
    20221104_221828.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20221104_221855.jpg
    20221104_221855.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 59

Brandon L

Original Poster
Well he's been eating veggies, crickets, and for the last 4 months dubia roaches mainly. We try to mix other feeders in as well black soldier flies. He originally came from petsmart in April.

We moved recently and changed his UVB light to the correct type from the incorrect type. Also gave him his adult terrarium of 120 gallons from 40 gallons.

He completely stopped eating a couple weeks ago, he's maybe 7 months old so likely too young to be brumating. He also stopped pooping.

Got very concerned about the little guy because that's not like him at all. Normally he's like clockwork moves his bowels every other day you can almost set your watch to it. And a very healthy eater of veggies and bugs.

I thought a stimulant would bring his appetite back.
Very healthy and very alert. The bugs he eats are fed the same veggies he eats no gut loading feed. We wanted him to be very healthy

I have three thermometers to keep an eye on his temperature. I try to keep the basking spot between 97-100

Groggyfroggie

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Draco
Are the thermometers probe types? And how far away is he from the uvb? I see it’s on top of the screen, is the screen a fine mesh or a wider hole type? Also the specific brand and type of uvb? These things are crucial for his overall health and appetite. We can rule out possible causes and help him get on the right track.

Brandon L

Original Poster
One probe which I tuck under the paper towel so he just leaves it alone. Its one of those temperature control set ups so that when it gets too hot it turns off one of his basking lamps so the temperature stays around 97-100 on the basking side.

Two thrive heat lamps and a 13 inch Arcadia UVB lamp.

He may just be being a grump amd refusing anything but BSF. Which I have considered, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and check into it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
One probe which I tuck under the paper towel so he just leaves it alone. Its one of those temperature control set ups so that when it gets too hot it turns off one of his basking lamps so the temperature stays around 97-100 on the basking side.

Two thrive heat lamps and a 13 inch Arcadia UVB lamp.

He may just be being a grump amd refusing anything but BSF. Which I have considered, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and check into it.
The screen on the tank is a wide hole type or a fine mesh --- this is critical and this will determine where it should be as far as placement and distance ---

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Those digital probe thermometers should be fine, very accurate. I agree, the tube bulb should be
placed directly underneath of the screen top for a stronger UVB exposure. That should help out
a lot in his appetite. He does need to put on some size at his age. They technically can brumate
at 7 months but it usually isn't the norm.
Let's try to improve his lighting placement to see if it helps out his appetite & go from there. Let us
know how he is doing.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom