7mo beardie acting strange the past couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leothedragon11

Hey guys! My 7 month old beardie has been acting weird as of late. Ever since mid October-December 1 Leo was sleeping majority of the time throughout the day so I figured it was brumation. I did some research online and I read that the temperatures and lighting sequence had to change so I changed it from 12-14 hrs of light to about 10hrs. Ever since December he now has been running around his tank and scratching at the walls while running along the glass. He hasn’t been eating at all. I spray him often with water to keep him hydrated. Is this behaviour normal? To go from semi-brumation to fully attacking the glass and not eating.

Tank setup: 4x2x2 tank
160w basking light sitting on top of mesh
Hot side temp is 90-100f
Mid tank is 83f
Cool side is 73f
Bio active vivarium.

He has been eating crickets and worms before the strangeness started happening. Now he won’t eat a thing. Although very active inside and outside of tank.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think! I also live in southern Ontario so it gets darker in the winter

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, is Leo a big boy ? Post some pics of his set up and a good one to show his size. Anyway, he is like a teenager so you never know if they are going to go through a lazy stage or super hyper. :) You can set the lights back to normal though, this is just a phase. If he's losing weight you might opt to have a fecal test done. Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Leothedragon11

Original Poster
AHBD":2bi11pxm said:
Hi there, is Leo a big boy ? Post some pics of his set up and a good one to show his size. Anyway, he is like a teenager so you never know if they are going to go through a lazy stage or super hyper. :) You can set the lights back to normal though, this is just a phase. If he's losing weight you might opt to have a fecal test done. Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them
108866-6307544745.jpg
108866-3756653015.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Leo looks great, nice leatherback with great size and body structure. :) He appears to be healthy , are you sure that the CHE is not accidentally left on high during the day and he's getting too hot ? Other than that I can't think of anything other than his age/hormonal level. You could always get a fecal test done if this goes on TOO long but I doubt that's a problem. Letting him out to run around in a safe area is good for him to burn off some energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom