759grams

jabda

Hatchling Member
Jethro is 1 1/2yrs. old His weight is 759grams. I've tried diets but he just adds weight.
I've thought about not feeding for a few days. But sad eyes stop me.
He's a big boy. Would like to breed him but the dragons available are half his weight.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Attachments

• 759.jpg
    759.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 67
  • jet1.jpg
    jet1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 48
  • jet2.jpg
    jet2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 50

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Jethro is 1 1/2yrs. old His weight is 759grams. I've tried diets but he just adds weight.
I've thought about not feeding for a few days. But sad eyes stop me.
He's a big boy. Would like to breed him but the dragons available are half his weight.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
What kind of diet is he on? More exercise would help - insects 2 times per week and fresh salads every day - what kind of treat worms are you feeding and how often

jabda

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
What kind of diet is he on? More exercise would help - insects 2 times per week and fresh salads every day - what kind of treat worms are you feeding and how often
All Shredded, alternating... yellow squash, butternut squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, turnip green, collard greens, mustard greens
Dubia Roaches on Tuesday & Thursday Dusted with Ca on Tuesday, Multi Vitamins Thursday.
Vegetable salad other days. Carrots& sweet potatoes every so often.

jabda

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
All Shredded, alternating... yellow squash, butternut squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, turnip green, collard greens, mustard greens
Dubia Roaches on Tuesday & Thursday Dusted with Ca on Tuesday, Multi Vitamins Thursday.
Vegetable salad other days. Carrots& sweet potatoes every so often.
He's very active exploring the house couple hours / day, Outside 1/2 hour on the patio again exploring. Just think he's big boned!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
My male Zen is well over 1000 grams. He is a bit pudgy now, but at 1000 grams the vet was telling me he was not obese. Some males can get pretty large. It was kindda funny, i was concerned about his weight but the vet was tickled to see him every visit, he told me he sees so many sickly and neglected dragons that a healthy dragon like Zen made his day.
Your dragon looks much like Zen in build.

jabda

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My male Zen is well over 1000 grams. He is a bit pudgy now, but at 1000 grams the vet was telling me he was not obese. Some males can get pretty large. It was kindda funny, i was concerned about his weight but the vet was tickled to see him every visit, he told me he sees so many sickly and neglected dragons that a healthy dragon like Zen made his day.
Your dragon looks much like Zen in build.
No superworms, breeder said just a big boy. xp29... glad to hear vets ok with large BD. Jethro has never been to a vet. Didn't see the need... I've had him since 3 months. Never any issues, so I just saved my money. I figure just like humans if you go to a doctor they will find something wrong with you plus perform test to find something wrong with you. BD's cost $300 on up for a healthy one from a good breeder. The vet here charges $150 just the walk in the door. Horror stories on the forum for charges $1500 up and the BD still died.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I agree about the vet visits. I've had some really bad experiences here in vegas with vets, for my beardies and ferrets alike. I prefer to just take in fecal samples if i suspect an issue, and if that shows up something, then i take that particular dragon in. Here though the office visit is only like 70 bucks. The fecals run 45ish.
Yeah they are more pricey from a breeder but generally your going to get a healthier pet.
With shipping i have over 700 in my last boy Sinatra, but i bought him for genetics (I'm going to give breeding a go as soon as he is ready) two of my girls were a tad over 400 each. The funny thing is my girl with the best gentics was only like 160, but she was in really bad shape when i got her. (She is thriving now).

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What is Jethro's length?

He's not obese, but he is getting to the point where I wouldn't want him really adding on anymore weight.

-Brandon

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom