75 gallon T5 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Currently using a 22inch HO T5 reptisun 10.0 in matching hood.

It's time to buy a new UVB bulb so I am thinking about upgrading to a dual 46in T5 fixture from lightyourreptiles. That way I can run a UVB and a 6500k bulb in the same fixture and really increase the brightness of the tank.

Any thoughts or ideas about this are welcomed. Thanks, AG

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I like the idea of the dual fixture. If you get one that long though, it may be tougher to provide a good gradient and some shade areas which are just as important. The 36'' may be a better bet.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Eh I already ordered it. The guy emailed me back and said you could get glass or plastic cut for the cool side to block out the UVB but still have the tank lit. My room is fairly dark so every bit helps

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I've eyed up their two and four socket fixtures, you'll have to let us know how you like it. I think with a glass/plastic filter the length will be fine and the added brightness will be a treat b

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I will keep posted. I'm curious to see how the Arcadia bulbs hold up. I've always been for Zoo Med.

Shade shouldn't be a problem. She can hide under the rocks and log I have because I have them stacked.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've had my Arcadia T5 for two years (running for a year and a half or so) and it still has a really good output.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh wow that's encouraging since I dropped about $150 on this fixture with lights haha.

Any suggestions for a solar meter?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah they're worth it in the long run. I use a 6.5 Solarmeter which provides UVI. It's a good way to measure output of lighting and setting proper distances. I shoot for roughly 3-5 UVI in the basking area with gradients down to 0 in other areas of the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom