7 month beardy won’t touch her salad

Smaugthebeardy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Hello, simple question I need to ask but it has been worrying me, my 7 month old beardy, Smaug, won’t eat her salad, I have tried everything, and every type of fruit and veggie they can eat but she won’t touch it! If anyone can give me suggestions that would be helpful.
-mia

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Hello, simple question I need to ask but it has been worrying me, my 7 month old beardy, Smaug, won’t eat her salad, I have tried everything, and every type of fruit and veggie they can eat but she won’t touch it! If anyone can give me suggestions that would be helpful.
-mia
Have you tried bee pollen? My oldest went through a 3-4mo phase where he wouldn’t eat greens. Per the vet I cut his bugs back to twice a week. But once I’ve add the bee pollen it was a wrap. I have a 3mo that’s finally start to eat her greens. If I give her one that doesn’t have the pollen on it she won’t eat it but if it has bee pollen she will. Another thing I tried that helped before I got the bee pollen was spraying the greens with apple juice. That worked sometimes because the like that lil bit of sweetness from the juice. I brought organic. Also, I blended the green with a lil bit of juice to the consistency of baby food and fed it to them on a soft baby spoon and they ate it that way. You can also use a syringe. This is the bee pollen I use https://www.amazon.com/Alovitox-Superfood-Antioxidant-Vitamins-Friendly/dp/B084RTQ8HJ

Smaugthebeardy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Have you tried bee pollen? My oldest went through a 3-4mo phase where he wouldn’t eat greens. Per the vet I cut his bugs back to twice a week. But once I’ve add the bee pollen it was a wrap. I have a 3mo that’s finally start to eat her greens. If I give her one that doesn’t have the pollen on it she won’t eat it but if it has bee pollen she will. Another thing I tried that helped before I got the bee pollen was spraying the greens with apple juice. That worked sometimes because the like that lil bit of sweetness from the juice. I brought organic. Also, I blended the green with a lil bit of juice to the consistency of baby food and fed it to them on a soft baby spoon and they ate it that way. You can also use a syringe. This is the bee pollen I use https://www.amazon.com/Alovitox-Superfood-Antioxidant-Vitamins-Friendly/dp/B084RTQ8HJ
I’ve heard that bee pollen is a treat or can it be feed in small amounts everyday? I will still get some and hopefully she will start to eat them, she went through a fase where she would only eat carrots, apples and bell peppers but I will try and mix some apple juice in before I get the bee pollen, thanks for your help!

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
I feed mines bee pollen every day. That is the only way they will eat them. I get a snack size bag and put the green in there. I then take a baby spoon scoop size and sprinkle it on them and shake the bag so the pollen is evenly distributed.

jabda

Hatchling Member
I feed mines bee pollen every day. That is the only way they will eat them. I get a snack size bag and put the green in there. I then take a baby spoon scoop size and sprinkle it on them and shake the bag so the pollen is evenly distributed.
I also sprinkle bee pollen. It builds up their immune system & you can't overdose.
Best brand is "PURE BEE POLLEN POWDER" You can buy on Amazon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

Smaugthebeardy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Please get some large BSFL and some super worms from www.symtonbsf.com - use the BSFL to lure her to the bowl - use as many as you want they are a great staple feeder -- do not dust - use 1-3 super worms every other day as well --- drop them on the salad in front of her to get her attention - your going to need a bowl like this or similar to keep the BSFL in the bowl --
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
I have tried BSFL she didn’t like them, she is a really picky eater, she will only eat woodys and crickets, and I haven’t been able to find super worms in Australia I might have to find a place to order them off line.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom