7 month beardy won’t touch her salad

Smaugthebeardy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Hello, simple question I need to ask but it has been worrying me, my 7 month old beardy, Smaug, won’t eat her salad, I have tried everything, and every type of fruit and veggie they can eat but she won’t touch it! If anyone can give me suggestions that would be helpful.
-mia

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Hello, simple question I need to ask but it has been worrying me, my 7 month old beardy, Smaug, won’t eat her salad, I have tried everything, and every type of fruit and veggie they can eat but she won’t touch it! If anyone can give me suggestions that would be helpful.
-mia
Have you tried bee pollen? My oldest went through a 3-4mo phase where he wouldn’t eat greens. Per the vet I cut his bugs back to twice a week. But once I’ve add the bee pollen it was a wrap. I have a 3mo that’s finally start to eat her greens. If I give her one that doesn’t have the pollen on it she won’t eat it but if it has bee pollen she will. Another thing I tried that helped before I got the bee pollen was spraying the greens with apple juice. That worked sometimes because the like that lil bit of sweetness from the juice. I brought organic. Also, I blended the green with a lil bit of juice to the consistency of baby food and fed it to them on a soft baby spoon and they ate it that way. You can also use a syringe. This is the bee pollen I use https://www.amazon.com/Alovitox-Superfood-Antioxidant-Vitamins-Friendly/dp/B084RTQ8HJ

Smaugthebeardy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Have you tried bee pollen? My oldest went through a 3-4mo phase where he wouldn’t eat greens. Per the vet I cut his bugs back to twice a week. But once I’ve add the bee pollen it was a wrap. I have a 3mo that’s finally start to eat her greens. If I give her one that doesn’t have the pollen on it she won’t eat it but if it has bee pollen she will. Another thing I tried that helped before I got the bee pollen was spraying the greens with apple juice. That worked sometimes because the like that lil bit of sweetness from the juice. I brought organic. Also, I blended the green with a lil bit of juice to the consistency of baby food and fed it to them on a soft baby spoon and they ate it that way. You can also use a syringe. This is the bee pollen I use https://www.amazon.com/Alovitox-Superfood-Antioxidant-Vitamins-Friendly/dp/B084RTQ8HJ
I’ve heard that bee pollen is a treat or can it be feed in small amounts everyday? I will still get some and hopefully she will start to eat them, she went through a fase where she would only eat carrots, apples and bell peppers but I will try and mix some apple juice in before I get the bee pollen, thanks for your help!

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
I feed mines bee pollen every day. That is the only way they will eat them. I get a snack size bag and put the green in there. I then take a baby spoon scoop size and sprinkle it on them and shake the bag so the pollen is evenly distributed.

jabda

Hatchling Member
I feed mines bee pollen every day. That is the only way they will eat them. I get a snack size bag and put the green in there. I then take a baby spoon scoop size and sprinkle it on them and shake the bag so the pollen is evenly distributed.
I also sprinkle bee pollen. It builds up their immune system & you can't overdose.
Best brand is "PURE BEE POLLEN POWDER" You can buy on Amazon.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

Smaugthebeardy

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
Please get some large BSFL and some super worms from www.symtonbsf.com - use the BSFL to lure her to the bowl - use as many as you want they are a great staple feeder -- do not dust - use 1-3 super worms every other day as well --- drop them on the salad in front of her to get her attention - your going to need a bowl like this or similar to keep the BSFL in the bowl --
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
I have tried BSFL she didn’t like them, she is a really picky eater, she will only eat woodys and crickets, and I haven’t been able to find super worms in Australia I might have to find a place to order them off line.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom