7-8yo beardie having trouble walking normally

Izzy_Rem

Beardie name(s)
Thorn
Hello, I have noticed recently that my beardie has begun to walk a bit wobbly and was concerned he may have arthritis or some other issue. He mostly seems to have trouble with the left front leg and I can feel slight swelling on that shoulder. He is still eager to walk around and I have been giving him warm baths around once a week which seems to help a little. Any help would be appreciated. I attached a short video of him walking if that helps.

Attachments

• 69491968561__6C08490B-B062-4EE4-B756-69EA6DA613AC.MOV
    291.6 KB
  • 69491982862__9E5B958B-21C1-4433-B574-A109EB61A8DE.MOV
    706 KB

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Are you giving him calcium daily, and how old and what type for his uvb?

Izzy_Rem

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thorn
He has a 15 watt UVB tube light that is nearing 6 months old. I feed him calcium and vitamins around once a week on his feeders.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
he should be eating salads every day. frequency of bugs and supplements depend on age. how old is he?

Izzy_Rem

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thorn
He has been fed a mixed greens salad every 2-3 days but that can easily be changed to be more frequent. He is about 7-8 years old.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He has a 15 watt UVB tube light that is nearing 6 months old. I feed him calcium and vitamins around once a week on his feeders.
He needs bugs 2-3 times per week w/ calcium D 3 dusted on the insects-- the T 8 needs to be inside the tank approx 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor - please replace the bulb now and I recommend a reptisun brand- how big is the tank? He looks under weight- please feed fresh greens collards turnip kale or mustard every day

Izzy_Rem

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thorn
He needs bugs 2-3 times per week w/ calcium D 3 dusted on the insects-- the T 8 needs to be inside the tank approx 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor - please replace the bulb now and I recommend a reptisun brand- how big is the tank? He looks under weight- please feed fresh greens collards turnip kale or mustard every day
Thank you for your reply, his tank is 18”Wx48”Lx21”H. I will order a new UVB today and increase feeding frequency with the greens. Thanks for the help.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you for your reply, his tank is 18”Wx48”Lx21”H. I will order a new UVB today and increase feeding frequency with the greens. Thanks for the help.
I would recommend getting a 24" uvb fixture w/ a T 5 bulb-- I can post links for some good ones if you like

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Definitely go ahead & upgrade to a T5 tube bulb, either the Reptisun 10 or the Arcadia D3 12%
because the UVB exposure is so much stronger for him. Since he is a little older, he may just be
needing a good boost for his system.
You could probably consider getting him started on some liquid calcium also, to help him out in
case he isn't absorbing his calcium adequately enough.

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok I will get them posted in the morning for you
This one will come w/ a 5.0 bulb you will the 10.0 bulb I will post the link
24" Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5 Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
this one you may be able to find in your Pet Smart if you have one or order from Pet Smart
24 watt 12% bulb Arcadia Reptile ProT5 UV-B Kit | reptile Light Fixtures | PetSmart
or this one you will need the Reptisun bulb I posted for the Zoo Med
you want the 2 ft or 24" https://hydrobuilder.com/sunblaster-nanotech-t5-ho-fixture-with-6400k-lamp.html
When you get the UVB please post back on here I will help you get it placed for your tank - the screen determines where it will go

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom