6 month old hangin in burrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

stella343

Hello! I have a 6month old in a bioactive enclosure (4x2x2), with lots of temperature gradient. He has created a burrow under some cork bark and likes to hang out in there. I can see that he's awake, just chilling. He usually eats in the mornings and is at the door when I get up. When he's in his borrow though he doesn't come out in the morning (my guess is because his body temp is low and he's lazy...?). My question is, should I pull him out OR just let him stay in there? If the latter, how long should I leave him? When I pulled him out yesterday, he ate and basked for a bit then went back in there. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!!

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
so i personally would pull him out but normally they hide when they feel sick or scared or when there going to sleep have you had him for 6 months or your just assuming he's 6 months

stella343

Original Poster
Thanks, I'll try pulling him out again today and see how it goes. I got him in September and he was born 6/25, so clear on his age.

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
Thanks, I'll try pulling him out again today and see how it goes. I got him in September and he was born 6/25, so clear on his age.
ok great i asked bc i got my newest beardie 10 months ago but apperantly she was 2-3 months old when we got her so shes basically 1 year old but if your beardie was a year or older i would assume its brumation

stella343

Original Poster
So I pulled him out and stuck him under a basking light. He ate, basked for a bit and is back in his burrow now. It's been 2 days since he pooped. Should I be concerned?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he ate, that's a good sign. How does he look otherwise? Any signs of black bearding or distress? Is he losing any weight? If not, then I'd probably let him be. He's still kind of young for brumation but if he is otherwise OK, he may just feel like slowing down for a bit which is OK in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom