6 month old beardie not eating :(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!

I posted on here about a week ago asking for advice on my beardie who hadn’t pooped in two weeks and was becoming increasingly lethargic and sleepy. I got Bee to the vet last Friday and she’s a healthy beardie! Almost six months, a little under a pound and the vet said she wasn’t impacted. That same day I gave her a bath and she finally pooped! The vet also gave me a three day dose to deworm her. She has pooped a total of three times since last Friday, finished her deworming meds, but has barely eaten anything since. I’ve offered her usual Dubai roaches, collard greens, kale, apple, blueberries, bananas, black berries, carrots, and still nothing. She will lick baby food squash and sweet potatoes, but barely anything else. Any suggestions??

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like the deworming meds effected her appetite --- I hope they did a fecal and determined she had worms before just giving you meds w/ out actually doing a lab on her fecal -- I am not sure how long it will take before her appetite comes back but its good shes eating something -- I guess I would just keep offering her food and the baby food I would feed her food first salads and roaches then offer her the baby food -- make sure shes hydrated so if you can see if she will lick drops of water off her nose if not then you can give it to her by syringe ------ but you must do it VERY slowly and only a little at a time - go in on the side of her mouth --- put in a little let her swallow it before adding more -- you do not want her to aspirate --- you can give her like 1 ML of water - the meds may have dehydrated her -- you can tell by her poops the urate --- it will be dry and chalky looking if shes dehyrdated
Karrie

Whenever my dragons don't eat I always grab hornworms. They go absolutely mental over hornworms. I have read your previous posts and checked into pictures of your setup and your beardie and I would say don't worry so much. Ive had my dragons for 6 years now and there has most deff been times where they get extremely fussy about food and wont eat. just seems to be a part of there nature. Whats your beardies schedule as far as when their lights go on and off?

laneyeldridge

Original Poster
apkelley93":21b5b1tx said:
Whenever my dragons don't eat I always grab hornworms. They go absolutely mental over hornworms. I have read your previous posts and checked into pictures of your setup and your beardie and I would say don't worry so much. Ive had my dragons for 6 years now and there has most deff been times where they get extremely fussy about food and wont eat. just seems to be a part of there nature. Whats your beardies schedule as far as when their lights go on and off?

Oh great! Where would I get hornworms do you know? Her lights go on at 9:00am and off at 10:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom