50inchesX24inchesX18inches. LengthXwidthXheight. Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
Hi, would a tank this size be good for a beardies entire life? :

50 inches long X 24 inches wide X 18 inches high? How many gallons would this be? Answers would be really appreciated.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hi. Sounds pretty good.
Most people tend to recommend 24 inches in height, but I think that 18 would be ok. There was a calculator on this site that would calculate how many gallons based on the measurements, but I cannot find it now. I will check again.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
That tank size would be fine.I am not sure of the exact gallons but somewhere around 90gallons I think.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
kevindeeley12":cb45f said:
Dang, they say that a 75 gallon is perfection for a beardie. True?
Well 40 breeder is minimum and 4x2x2 is ideal(120gal or so) but 75 ok depending on if its high or long.Floorspace is what really matters when it comes to beardies.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
kevindeeley12":ba406 said:

I am not really sure. I have always heard minimum for an adult should be a 40 gallon breeder, but as far as bigger, I personally have heard 4 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot, which is pretty close to what you have there.

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well 4 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot seems to be the winner? I'm more about floor space, 50 inches is 4.16 feet and 24 inches wide is 2 feet, then 18 inches high would I think, be ideal for rays?

kirby

Extreme Poster
any tank or cage that is AT LEAST 48" X 24" X18" is ideal, you can offer more room if you can (its apreceated) but i find judging a 'perfect' tank on gallons, silly... its the length, width and height, which are your priorities.

a tank with 8 square feet floor space(4x2x1.5), can have the same gallon conversion as one with only 6 square feet floor space.(4x1.5x2) one is ideal, the other isnt.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
vickson420":3a614 said:
kevindeeley12":3a614 said:
Well 40 breeder is minimum and 4x2x2 is ideal(120gal or so) but 75 ok depending on if its high or long.Floorspace is what really matters when it comes to beardies.

Sorry, this time I was typing while you were posting! We are on the same wavelength at the same time! :lol: :wink:

kirby

Extreme Poster
lol. happens all the time jiffy.. maybe it means were both super cool. i'd like to think so.

kevindeeley, although 18" is better in concerns of uv. your dragon should be able to bask and sit comfortably around 8" from the tube. 24" give the dragon alot more vertical space, they do use it, if you provide appropriate branches and levels.

slantedii

Hatchling Member
just for the curious...the way to find the gallonage is multiply LxWxH (in feet) and multiply by this constant
7.48 gallons/sq ft. Work in the pool and spa business and hafta calculate gallonage all the time.

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
Original Poster
slantedii":064f1 said:
just for the curious...the way to find the gallonage is multiply LxWxH (in feet) and multiply by this constant
7.48 gallons/sq ft.
Work in the pool and spa business and hafta calculate gallonage all the time.

Ok. So if i did 50 inches ( 4.16 feet ) X 24 inches ( 2 feet ) X 24 inches ( 2 feet ) = 16.64 X 7.48 gallons/sq ft it = 124 gallons

on the other calculator you multiply LXWXH ( in INCHES ) then divide it by 231.
so 50X24X24 = 28800 divided by 231 = 124 gallons :)

Each equation works, so, either way, you will end up with the same thing, that's cool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom