5 week old eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ara

So my bearded dragon, Precious, had a male in her life 5 years ago who passed away and she has been housed separately ever since. Well she laid eggs just about 5 weeks ago for the first time ever in her life she’s about 6 years old. We also had no clue she was pregnant could not see or feel any bumps. Just to make sure I candled them all and was shocked that 3 out of the 14 had an embryo inside..... Well I decided that there is no way they could actually be fertile but I incubated them anyway about 4 days later 2 of the three rotted and I had to get rid of them. I talked to the vet and explained this situation and she said it is extremely rare for a bearded dragon to hold sperm that long but if I have a fertile egg and that is the only male she was ever around it has to be his. Well 5 weeks later Precious’ egg is growing and has veins all through it. I’m just wondering what it should look like inside the egg right now. I keep her egg around 80-85F most of the time with it occasionally going slightly above or below. Humidity is around 70% there is no denting on the egg either. I saw a slight movement the other day but I cannot actually see the dragon in there should I be seeing him by now? This whole event was just crazy but I do hope he makes it since he would kind of be a miracle from our male that we lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom