4X2X2 Just about complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjosephs

Hey All,

I wanted to post some pictures of the Viv I'm wrapping up for my 6ish month old dragon, Sam. It's the ubiquitous 4X2X2' design using birch ply with walnut stain. The tracks are from Brunnerent with 1/4" tempered glass. The 4 vents in the back are from Home Depot - one of which is getting a fan installed behind it to help with ventilation. The legs are an "underframe" from Ikea. Here is Sam (baby to adult):

You can also see his old 20 gal long tank and layout. Here is the viv construction:

Comments welcome. Thanks to everyone who participates on this forum.

- Brian

bjosephs

Original Poster
Not sure about that. They're from Brunnerent.com. I think they were made for a display case and have hidden roller wheels that make the glass slide easily.

bjosephs

Original Poster
I didn't actually work from any plans. It just kind of came together. That said, I'm sure it's not far off from any of the other similar sized enclosures.

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
the birch plywood is really sweet! and nice job staining! have not seen that before, is that 1/2"? don't recall even seeing that in the local hardware store...

bjosephs

Original Poster
It's 3/4" ply from home depot. I actually used the precut project board material... It come ripped down to 2' x 4'. They aren't cut all that accurately - and though I new it - I didn't do anything to match them up so the whole thing isn't very square. That why there are trim pieces on the front, the glass edge show how crooked the wood is so I covered it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom