4 months, Shedding

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I noticed the bulging eyes, puffy throat, scratching and an ATTITUDE but it's a result of shedding.
I bathed her yesterday and I will continue to do so 2-3 times a week. I will rotate between plain warm water and a bath with the reptile electrolyte soak. I am hoping this is going to be a smooth process.

I gave Rocky a bath- she pooped within 3 minutes so I cleaned the water and had her soak again. Rocky is so uncomfortable and it's showing in her behavior. Rocky didn't want me to pick her up. She got aggressive when it was time to put her back. Thank goodness she ate twice this morning because she I couldn't bribe her this afternoon with her favorite roaches.
My poor baby!

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Please dont over bathe, it can cause other problems such as drying them out , fungus or bacteria under the scales ect. (From not getting fully dry) Shedding is natural for them and they do it well. My advice is let nature work. If you see patches that are lingering around after the shed is complete a good soak can get it off

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Please dont over bathe, it can cause other problems such as drying them out , fungus or bacteria under the scales ect. (From not getting fully dry) Shedding is natural for them and they do it well. My advice is let nature work. If you see patches that are lingering around after the shed is complete a good soak can get it off
Thank you for this advice.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I researched but I believe we are going into our second shed. I noticed some of the behavior yesterday and again today. In about 2 days she will be 5 months and with me for a whole month. As much as I post, you would think it's been a year!!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom