4 hr car ride with 2 month old beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beardie name(s)
Saphira
I adopted a 2 month old beardie last week and she’s already very comfortable with me. I’m going on a 4 hr car trip this weekend and I plan on taking her with me. I would love to hear any advice on how to keep her calm and stress free during the trip.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
All beardies can act differently when being transported but generally do fine. You can choose from a few things to put her in. A regular shoebox with shredded paper towel or newspaper is fine. Or a plastic shoebox, also with shredded paper. You don't need any holes poked in for air, there's plenty of air just like we have in an enclosed car. Average room temp. is fine, no need for extra heat. Don't feed her the day of the trip unless you're leaving in the afternoon and she has time to digest just a couple of small insects fed in the morning but not a full meal. Are you bringing a temporary set up or her regular one ?

ThunderStruckX

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Saphira
All beardies can act differently when being transported but generally do fine. You can choose from a few things to put her in. A regular shoebox with shredded paper towel or newspaper is fine. Or a plastic shoebox, also with shredded paper. You don't need any holes poked in for air, there's plenty of air just like we have in an enclosed car. Average room temp. is fine, no need for extra heat. Don't feed her the day of the trip unless you're leaving in the afternoon and she has time to digest just a couple of small insects fed in the morning but not a full meal. Are you bringing a temporary set up or her regular one ?
Bringing her regular set up since I will be with my family for a few days

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She should be fine, hopefully won't be too stressed in a new environment because she'll still be in the tank she's used to. :) Keep dogs, cats and rambunctious kids away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom