4-5 month old new beardie acting strange during feeding time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pward

Hi there. We have had our new beardie for a week now and it has been eating great, pooping 1-2 times a day. Still a bit skittish, but overall has seemed pretty healthy. Today however when I went to feed him/her it did this really weird thing with its head twitching side to side (video attached) and was having a tough time striking the bugs. Also he jumped onto the back of the enclosure and sort of fell off, kind of off balance.
We dust with calcium/D3 5 times and per week and multivitamin 2 times per week.
Tank is 40 gallon, reptisun 10.0 HO with reflector hood (on top of tank), 150w basking bulb. Hot side is 100-115, cool is 78-80. Check temps with infrared digital thermometer gun.
I have been misting him a few times a day, but have not bathed him yet as he has been super skittish.
Any advice would help! I’m so worried and my 10 year old is so scared something is wrong with his baby.
Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi there. We have had our new beardie for a week now and it has been eating great, pooping 1-2 times a day. Still a bit skittish, but overall has seemed pretty healthy. Today however when I went to feed him/her it did this really weird thing with its head twitching side to side (video attached) and was having a tough time striking the bugs. Also he jumped onto the back of the enclosure and sort of fell off, kind of off balance.
Tank is 40 gallon, reptisun 10.0 HO with reflector hood (on top of tank), 150w basking bulb. Hot side is 100-115, cool is 78-80. Check temps with infrared digital thermometer gun.
I have been misting him a few times a day, but have not bathed him yet as he has been super skittish.
Any advice would help! I’m so worried and my 10 year old is so scared something is wrong with his baby.
Thanks!
Show me the screen on the tank please top view

inky

Any advice would help! I’m so worried and my 10 year old is so scared something is wrong with his ba

Thanks!
what kind of light do you use?

Pward

Original Poster

Attachments

• 53D4EDF8-C300-4940-B3AB-60715FA8CB02.jpeg
    53D4EDF8-C300-4940-B3AB-60715FA8CB02.jpeg
    298.8 KB · Views: 89

Pward

Original Poster
For some reason it won’t let me post the video, says the file is too large. It is almost as if he is trying to find the prey, looking side to side but super fast. He was able to catch about 6 bugs but it took a while, so I know for sure he’s getting his calcium supplement. He is a lot more skittish than normal and when I try to pick him up he runs away and while he’s running now his head is shaking from side to side. No tremors or anything when he’s still.
Could he be dehydrated? I’ve been misting him intermittently but haven’t soaked him in a bath yet.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
For some reason it won’t let me post the video, says the file is too large. It is almost as if he is trying to find the prey, looking side to side but super fast. He was able to catch about 6 bugs but it took a while, so I know for sure he’s getting his calcium supplement. He is a lot more skittish than normal and when I try to pick him up he runs away and while he’s running now his head is shaking from side to side. No tremors or anything when he’s still.
Could he be dehydrated? I’ve been misting him intermittently but haven’t soaked him in a bath yet.
Record on YouTube post the link here

Pward

Original Poster
Hi Tracie,
Thank you for replying here too. I haven’t woken him up yet, but sleeping soundly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom