3 month old stress marks that went away and now they are constantly there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakodragon8

Original Poster
Hello,
My 3 month old, Drako, has been showing stress marks on his chin, chest and belly constantly. Now I know this is common with babies but my question is why have they reappeared? We've had him for about a month and after 2 weeks his marks seemed to be gone most of the time, just a nice white belly, now for the past few days he has pretty dark marks all over his underside. I've already gone over all my tank specs in another thread so don't think thats the issue. He's eating great, the best since we got him actually. He poops once a day and they look normal and well formed as well as the urate part. I just can't figure out what has happened to make the marks reappear so drastically. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Mel

Shinryu

Hatchling Member
Staff member
Lead Writer
I searched through old posts to see if I could dig up anything helpful for you. I found this thread and it has a helpful quote from an experienced member.

"Those are indeed stress marks which is a unfortunate name. Those marks often have nothing to do with stress. They can darken to absorb more heat, when too cold, as a means of camouflage or just be the normal coloring. He doesn't looked stressed, appears alert and curious. As long as he is eating, I wouldn't worry. The marks will likely fade as he gets older."

Since you have already done the due diligence and everything as far as your husbandry checks out, maybe just wait and see what happens. I hope this helps ease your mind a bit.

Drakodragon8

Original Poster
I searched through old posts to see if I could dig up anything helpful for you. I found this thread and it has a helpful quote from an experienced member.

"Those are indeed stress marks which is a unfortunate name. Those marks often have nothing to do with stress. They can darken to absorb more heat, when too cold, as a means of camouflage or just be the normal coloring. He doesn't looked stressed, appears alert and curious. As long as he is eating, I wouldn't worry. The marks will likely fade as he gets older."

Since you have already done the due diligence and everything as far as your husbandry checks out, maybe just wait and see what happens. I hope this helps ease your mind a bit.

Hello,
Thank you for responding, I have read that post as well, I actually read all the post about stress marks that I could before posting lol! I just couldn't find much about them completely going away then coming back and staying. But hopefully he just grows out of them! Thanks so much,
Mel

Shinryu

Hatchling Member
Staff member
Lead Writer
Hello,
Thank you for responding, I have read that post as well, I actually read all the post about stress marks that I could before posting lol! I just couldn't find much about them completely going away then coming back and staying. But hopefully he just grows out of them! Thanks so much,
Mel
I asked my husband who has owned 3 bearded dragons from the time they were babies until old age, and he said that the stress marks would fade and then re-appear and fade again. He said he never worried much about it but did notice that they would get darker with cooler temps. I can't speak for all beardies but his beardies lived long and healthy lives and were never bothered by them. Hope that helps a bit! :)

Drakodragon8

Original Poster
I asked my husband who has owned 3 bearded dragons from the time they were babies until old age, and he said that the stress marks would fade and then re-appear and fade again. He said he never worried much about it but did notice that they would get darker with cooler temps. I can't speak for all beardies but his beardies lived long and healthy lives and were never bothered by them. Hope that helps a bit! :)
Thank you so much! This is my first baby and its hard not to worry about every little thing, but it makes it easier to hear others experiences, so thank you for that. I think sometimes we just need confirmation that we are doing things right 😆

Thanks,
Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom