3 month old coughing, potential RI? Please help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otrobison

I adopted my 3 month old, Lexi, last week from a breeder and she was having a really good week, eating all of her crickets and veggies, drinking water, and even did really well in her 1st bath but the past 3 days have been really rough. She has been coughing and wheezing constantly throughout the day and looks as if she is trying to vomit sometimes and its often followed by a loud squeaking noise she makes. If anyone could possibly help me all of the Vets are closed in my area right now and wont be able to find one until tomorrow morning. I put a video of her coughing on youtube, here's the link and husbandry information:

youtube video of her coughing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkppr_pSztU

Husbandry:

-40g breeder
-PowerSun 100w mercury vapor bulb (I switched to this just yesterday after calling the vet and this is what the recommended, I was previously using a 22" reptisun 10.0 T5 bulb)
-99-109F degree Basking spot produced from mercurcy vapor bulb
-22-25% Humidity with 95F Degree warm side
-34-42% Humidity with 80-85F Degree cool side
-Plenty of hides and logs for her to climb on and bask
98973-7184326052.jpg

Feeding info:
*(I LIVE IN FLORIDA SO DUBIA ROACHES ARE ILLEGAL)*

-I was previously feeding her small crickets (she would eat 20-30 a day) dusted with a multivatim with d3 and calcium supplement without d3
-She would eat a bit of kale, thyme and a tiny bit blueberries about every other day.
-She hasnt eaten anything but 2-3 crickets the past 3 days.
-I tried feeding her BSFL worms but she would'nt eat them.
98973-4636979126.jpg

Otrobison

Original Poster
*EDIT*: I just left the vet, they treated her with antibiotic shot for respiratory issues and said she should be feelings better in 10-12 days after 2 more shots this week.

Otrobison

Original Poster
She was prescribed Ceftazidime injection shots and Emeraid for Omnivores to help her appetite

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What in the world? Was she showing any signs of distress? I am so sorry and shocked this came on so quick-- maybe AHBD and Tracie would have some insight as to why this happened so quick-- again I am sorry -- :(
Karrie

Otrobison

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3plr6dwc said:
What in the world? Was she showing any signs of distress? I am so sorry and shocked this came on so quick-- maybe AHBD and Tracie would have some insight as to why this happened so quick-- again I am sorry -- :(
Karrie

She was doing really well yesterday and the day before but when i woke up this morning she was having an absolute fit with a really dark beard and belly and she was super bloated and within an hour she had passed sadly.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How terrible! I am wondering if she had a bad reaction to the meds? Only Tracie and ahbd would have some idea- again I am ? sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom