24” T8 10.0 UVB light fixture question

Sunny21

Hi,
We have a new Beardie juvenile. I have her in a 40gal feeder tank with mesh top. I have a heat/uvb basking light and nighttime heat lamp. Two basking spots one cooler and one in the warm area.

My breeder suggested I add a 24” 17w T8 uvb bulb. I purchased two bulbs today and realize I can not track down a rest on the screen fixture for it. Any suggestions or examples of what you use. I found a generic one at petsmart but it’s only 15w . Thank you in advance.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi,
We have a new Beardie juvenile. I have her in a 40gal feeder tank with mesh top. I have a heat/uvb basking light and nighttime heat lamp. Two basking spots one cooler and one in the warm area.

My breeder suggested I add a 24” 17w T8 uvb bulb. I purchased two bulbs today and realize I can not track down a rest on the screen fixture for it. Any suggestions or examples of what you use. I found a generic one at petsmart but it’s only 15w . Thank you in advance.
T8's are not strong enough to go thru screen especially fine mesh it needs to be unobstructed NO screen inside the tank 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor --- --- heat/ uvb is a MVB what brand please and the distance you have it at --- night time heat lamp is that a colored bulb or a CHE ? you only need it if your temps in the tank are falling below 65 at night --- that can be taken w/ a stick on but you must have a digital probe thermometer to get correct basking temps --- if you need help getting the UVB in the tank w/ something to hang w/ let me know I have some good stuff that works

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom