24” T8 10.0 UVB light fixture question

Sunny21

Hi,
We have a new Beardie juvenile. I have her in a 40gal feeder tank with mesh top. I have a heat/uvb basking light and nighttime heat lamp. Two basking spots one cooler and one in the warm area.

My breeder suggested I add a 24” 17w T8 uvb bulb. I purchased two bulbs today and realize I can not track down a rest on the screen fixture for it. Any suggestions or examples of what you use. I found a generic one at petsmart but it’s only 15w . Thank you in advance.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi,
We have a new Beardie juvenile. I have her in a 40gal feeder tank with mesh top. I have a heat/uvb basking light and nighttime heat lamp. Two basking spots one cooler and one in the warm area.

My breeder suggested I add a 24” 17w T8 uvb bulb. I purchased two bulbs today and realize I can not track down a rest on the screen fixture for it. Any suggestions or examples of what you use. I found a generic one at petsmart but it’s only 15w . Thank you in advance.
T8's are not strong enough to go thru screen especially fine mesh it needs to be unobstructed NO screen inside the tank 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor --- --- heat/ uvb is a MVB what brand please and the distance you have it at --- night time heat lamp is that a colored bulb or a CHE ? you only need it if your temps in the tank are falling below 65 at night --- that can be taken w/ a stick on but you must have a digital probe thermometer to get correct basking temps --- if you need help getting the UVB in the tank w/ something to hang w/ let me know I have some good stuff that works

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom