2011 Bearded Dragon Calendar images needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxKatxx

Hello
Just a quick question I have Bearded X Rankin Dragons Are these still ok for the calendar, I love this site and have several images that Im having a hard time choosing between :blob5: Thankyou for your time. Kat :blob8:

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Yeah, sure. We can include some Rankin cousins. :)

Taryn7

Gray-bearded Member
Hi Alex

Fudge was the cover of one of this year's calendars and Storm had a full page in the same calendar..
Do you ever choose the same beardies to have full pages 2 years running?

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Taryn:

I don't actually take into account whether a beardie was a previous "cover" or full page model. :) The only time I think I would would be if it was pretty close for the really picturesque, and I had to make tough decisions between some. Then I would likely lean more towards those that weren't a full page or cover the prior year. But my priority is the overall look of the pictures. :)

-Alex

Rukii

Juvie Member
Quick question. Would it be alright to include a dragon that's slightly costumed? (ex, props and such). I have some great pics, but they were for a previous contest, so I was wondering if that would be ok, or if you would prefer a bare dragon :p

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
It's okay... please do provide an alternate as well though, so I can choose for what works best in the layout.

Monkey

Juvie Member
Do you just want regular poses or is more artistic ok?

I have one I contemplate sending in, but its a part of a beardie than just a beardie. I have an awesome picture of my beardie's golden eye but not sure that is an approved submission.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I'd like it where at least the whole head it in the shot (or nearly). A main part of the theme with the calendars is a sense of "community". I pair every picture with the name of the beardie as well. :) But if it's a half face, or something that is artistic but still could qualify as a "portrait", that should be good. But if you submit one you think it on the border, please also submit the second image with one you think should be more "safe". That will give me the option to pick what works best.

Thanks!
-Alex

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I've had a number of submissions where people have provided an image shot in portrait (vertical) framing. Please keep in mind that only landscape shots (horizontal position) can possibly qualify for full page use. The vertical shots can be used still, though... but for one of the other smaller positions.

So, if you are taking pictures specifically for this, please keep your camera horizontal! :)

For those that already submitted a vertical image, if I think I see potential for a full page use, I'll contact you about a "reshoot". :)

Thanks,
-Alex

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Wow, it's that time of year again. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Duke's 3rd appearance in the BD.org calendar :)

Just a quick question for you. I know you're mainly focused on the beardie, but does it matter what's in the background of the picture? I have a really nice one but my house is in the background, so I don't know if that matters or not.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
It really depends on the background, honestly. I've had some pictures include people's home's in the background that I thought were full page quality (but the room was neat, clean, and overall the image had really nice lines and balance)... others are cluttered or the background is too prominent, diminishing the main subject. So... it really depends on how the image looks, really. :)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Yup! I'll be posting a fresh reminder to everyone later today! Time flies!!!

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
What if you submit a picture where there is a bit of a light glare in one corner? I submitted one like that since I figured that they can put smaller pictures where the glare is. I submitted one of Legarto sleeping in a weird position but obviously there would be glare in the corner from the lighting.

Outside his cage he is not very photogenic since he won't sit still when outside his cage. Also what about lizard pics that are not of your beardie?

I have a reptile magazine of a conjoined twin beardie like Zak and wheezy except this beardie goes in a y in the middle so each beardie has a set of front legs.

Sardonyx

beardie":13dy2ml2 said:
I've had a number of submissions where people have provided an image shot in portrait (vertical) framing. Please keep in mind that only landscape shots (horizontal position) can possibly qualify for full page use. The vertical shots can be used still, though... but for one of the other smaller positions.

So, if you are taking pictures specifically for this, please keep your camera horizontal! :)

For those that already submitted a vertical image, if I think I see potential for a full page use, I'll contact you about a "reshoot". :)

Thanks,
-Alex

Baahhhhhhhhh! I did this >< Doh!

Erm, I'm not in any way assuming that my photo would be chosen for a larger image in the calendar, but what if a 'reshoot' isn't possible for any reason (for anyone that might end up in this situation)? Is there scope to submit a portrait image which has room to be suitably cropped?

I totally understand you will be contacting people should this be the case, but I just thought I'd ask!!

- Emma :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom