2 year old lizard that limps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hess9901

Beardie name(s)
Liz
I have a 2 year old female bearded dragon. A few hours ago she was totally fine and when I came back from having dinner she is limping really badly. Her right arm is slightly swollen and she won’t let anyone really touch it. She seems to be having a really hard walking around. I’m able to touch the limb but she limps really badly and barely can put any weight on it. I took everything that she could climb on out but her hammock in her inclosure so that she can still bask but I lowered the hammock down a lot.

I’m worried she broke it or dislocated it. Is there any ways that it’s not that? I’m going to try and take her to the vet tomorrow if I can get a appointment.

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a 2 year old female bearded dragon. A few hours ago she was totally fine and when I came back from having dinner she is limping really badly. Her right arm is slightly swollen and she won’t let anyone really touch it. She seems to be having a really hard walking around. I’m able to touch the limb but she limps really badly and barely can put any weight on it. I took everything that she could climb on out but her hammock in her inclosure so that she can still bask but I lowered the hammock down a lot.

I’m worried she broke it or dislocated it. Is there any ways that it’s not that? I’m going to try and take her to the vet tomorrow if I can get a appointment.
Is the hammock a mesh or rope type? It's possible she has gotten a nail caught and pulled and sprained it - I would remove it and if that is what I described you can get a fleece or cloth hammock- temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- what insect are you feeding? And what are you using for a uvb? Coil or tube? There are other reasons for the swollen leg but I need to rule out some things first

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have pictures of her along with the tank setup we could see? How long has she had
the swelling on her arm?
Please review your tank setup with us so we can be sure everything is all correct.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom