2 mice upgrade question

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
Next week we are going to upgrade our ball python from 1 large froze mouse to two frozen mice. Our question is should we split up the feedings or should we give him the second one as soon as he finishes the first one?

We feed on Sundays so if I split it up we were thinking maybe one mouse on Sunday and then one on Wednesday or something like that. But I have a feeling we should do them back to back but I thought I would check with some other people.

Hellstrom

Hatchling Member
I give mine back to back. When my corn eats one, I wait until he swallows it all the way down and finishes the wiggling thing to push it farther down. After that he looks for his next and is still very much in eating mode. I definitely recommend feeding them back to back. Mine eats them about 5 or 6 minutes apart.

esmith2000

My ball pythons also eat their two mice back to back. As soon as they have finished one I give them the second one.

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hellstrom":k7czxwl8 said:
You're very welcome. Let me know how it goes!

OK last night was feeding night and we did the 2 mice. I was not too sure if he was going to take the 2nd mouse because it took him a while to strike. But he took it. Not sure what was up with him however because when I moved his hide to get him out for feeding he hissed at me twice. Kinda spooked me but I figured the bite does not hurt that bad so I just went for it and he did not bite. Guess I woke him up from a day nap.

Thanks again to the people who replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom