2 beardies… weird fluid & goo?!

gmsblaze

Beardie name(s)
Blaze & Sushi
C55062AF-7C96-4D52-9101-7184BAF5BD17.jpeg
Hi guys! I️ have 2 bearded dragons. 1 just got her final dose of antibiotics for coccidea on Wednesday & she is having pretty normal poops again but still a little runny. I️ found this gooey stuff on her rock this afternoon… she already had a bowel movement earlier this morning. (Pictured on paper towel). She occasionally will have a second urate passing during the day but it is just the urate… Can anyone help me with what this is or advice on what to do? I️ am trying to keep her hydrated with water from a dropper & salads + making sure she eats her live Dubia roaches & BSFL. Her eating has improved & the vet said she gained weight in the last 2 weeks but this goo stuff is new to me & I️ am worried!

My second bearded dragon is going through a shed, totally normal behavior, normal eating habits. But I’ve noticed this liquid around his poop & urate the past few days. I️ have been encouraging more salads to keep him hydrated lately so could it be that?

Sorry for so much info!! Thank you for any help in advance. BA6D1CF7-7FE5-4E5C-8746-84EF40D0FC6C.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
View attachment 69600
Hi guys! I️ have 2 bearded dragons. 1 just got her final dose of antibiotics for coccidea on Wednesday & she is having pretty normal poops again but still a little runny. I️ found this gooey stuff on her rock this afternoon… she already had a bowel movement earlier this morning. (Pictured on paper towel). She occasionally will have a second urate passing during the day but it is just the urate… Can anyone help me with what this is or advice on what to do? I️ am trying to keep her hydrated with water from a dropper & salads + making sure she eats her live Dubia roaches & BSFL. Her eating has improved & the vet said she gained weight in the last 2 weeks but this goo stuff is new to me & I️ am worried!

My second bearded dragon is going through a shed, totally normal behavior, normal eating habits. But I’ve noticed this liquid around his poop & urate the past few days. I️ have been encouraging more salads to keep him hydrated lately so could it be that?

Sorry for so much info!! Thank you for any help in advance. View attachment 69601
Too much liquid just means hes hydrated-- the one on meds could be the meds causing the gooey stuff- its good shes hydrated as meds will dry her out -- in time it should straighten out and shes got a good diet going - just keep an eye on it and see what it does
Now your not keeping the dragons together are you?

gmsblaze

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Blaze & Sushi
Too much liquid just means hes hydrated-- the one on meds could be the meds causing the gooey stuff- its good shes hydrated as meds will dry her out -- in time it should straighten out and shes got a good diet going - just keep an eye on it and see what it does
Now your not keeping the dragons together are you?
Whew thank you that makes me feel better. Absolutely not kept together! Separate cages on adjacent sides of the room.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom