1st time breeding mealworms

dogndragonmom

Photo Comp Winner
I bought 500 mealworms and my dragon could not eat them fast enough, so now I am attempting to breed them. I have well over 30 beetles. I seperated them into their own container with worm food and some greens, carrots and cucumber piece. How do I even begin to look for the baby mealworms, as they will be so small. When I do have them, do they need moved into their own container?
Attached is a photo of my current set up for the beetles. I have a sifter, so do I sift every couple days looking for baby mealworms? I am assuming that the beetles may eat the babies if I do not remove them, am I correct?

Any and all advice is needed please and thank you

Attachments

• 20220624_101025.jpg
    20220624_101025.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 20

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They should produce very well for you and the larger mealworms + beetles do not eat the babies. I've raised them off + on over the years, very simple to do. Just be patient and you'll see some baby worms soon .

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Patience is the key. One day you'll check on your containers and notice the bran/oats moving slightly. It's then you will realize you have 1209423 billion itsy bitsy little mealworms. But until then, you'll think you're a failure at breeding them because nothing is happening.

-Brandon

dogndragonmom

Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Patience is the key. One day you'll check on your containers and notice the bran/oats moving slightly. It's then you will realize you have 1209423 billion itsy bitsy little mealworms. But until then, you'll think you're a failure at breeding them because nothing is happening.

-Brandon
Hahahaha

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I see my lizard is being given Allopurinol 100ml tablet 10mg/ml (0.4) and tramadol 0.2ml every other day to help with gout. I have tramadol at home can I water it down and give it to her and if so do anyone know how much to water down ?
323A2CAE-899F-4592-90D2-DC37D45A30F1.jpeg

Baby photo! Look at how little and cute I was!!!
C34BF977-474F-4233-BF7E-8C797567E429.jpeg
Buffy snuggling with my partner!!!
Gout in bearded dragons
So freaking handsome I just love youuuuu so much 💕

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annaplant
Top Bottom