12yo Beardie Ill Tonight

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good news she has taken water & some food from you. I agree, go slowly on the
feeding of the critical care formula & feeding live insects right now isn't necessary until she
gets quite a bit better.
Are you able to keep her a little warmer overight right now? We are all pulling for her, keep
us posted on how she is doing.

Tracie

Ruvio4

Original Poster
Hello,

That is good news she has taken water & some food from you. I agree, go slowly on the
feeding of the critical care formula & feeding live insects right now isn't necessary until she
gets quite a bit better.
Are you able to keep her a little warmer overight right now? We are all pulling for her, keep
us posted on how she is doing.

Tracie
Hi Tracie thanks so much she's getting fed four times per day with water and Crictical - she has a heat mat for through the night!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow, it sounds like she's taking in a good amount of hydration ! Be very careful of a heat mat though, is she in contact with it or is it under the tank ?

Ruvio4

Original Poster
yeah she is trying her best and so am I - her heatmap is underneath her sand so not in direct contact but it only heats up to a certain heat then knocks off

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

That is good to hear you have a heat mat for her so she can stay warm. I hope the food is helping
her out & that she is able to digest it easily. Please keep us posted on her.

Tracie

Ruvio4

Original Poster
Hi - she seems quite a fair bit more alert and her beard isn't as dark now which is a good sign. Her movement and weight are still a concern however it has only been two days so hopefully over a longer period of time we see an improvement in those. I deffintley think she is more alert now though.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh bless her, I know this for sure, she definitely knows how much you love her! She is getting to live
her life out as fully as possible, with you. Hopefully she is feeling better!

Tracie

Ruvio4

Original Poster
Thank you both can't tell you how much of a help you have been up until this point! I really appreciate it! Her name is Magnet, she often just gets Mags or Maggie though. 🤣

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you both can't tell you how much of a help you have been up until this point! I really appreciate it! Her name is Magnet, she often just gets Mags or Maggie though. 🤣
Did you get the UVB adjusted as posted earlier?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom