11 year old dragon! big lump on chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

paigetaylorrrr

Hiya, i have a male bearded dragon and recently i’ve just noticed he has a mass on his chest, very large and has some purple discolouration, slightly soft to touch but not much. he’s not eating and seems very tired all the time. any advice? we currently cannot afford the vet fees here in the uk and are really concerned about him.

paigetaylorrrr

Original Poster
here is the lump

Attachments

• 98B31FEF-B35D-47DB-B081-B5C4C23EC01C.jpg
    98B31FEF-B35D-47DB-B081-B5C4C23EC01C.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 104

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor old boy, that's definitely something serious ,may be a large cyst, aneurysm or tumor. Probably nothing you can do for him at home, can you borrow $$ from family or a friend ? I'm really sorry that you're in this position. :( Oh, and how long has it been there ?

paigetaylorrrr

Original Poster
Poor old boy, that's definitely something serious ,may be a large cyst, aneurysm or tumor. Probably nothing you can do for him at home, can you borrow $$ from family or a friend ? I'm really sorry that you're in this position. :( Oh, and how long has it been there ?
I only noticed it last week as we don’t tend to flip him over! now i know we should have the poor boy. the Uk vet bills are so expensive just for a consult and was hoping for some advice beforehand. I managed to get him to eat one worm but he just closes his eyes when food is offered !

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so sorry, he is older and had a long life at 11 years old but I don't know of anything at all that could be done at home.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Poor thing, that definitely looks like it is uncomfortable for him. There isn't a whole lot that can be done at home, really. Is the bump hard
or soft? Does it seem to really be bothering him or causing pain?
His beard is dark in the picture, is it dark quite a bit?

Tracie

paigetaylorrrr

Original Poster
Hello,

Poor thing, that definitely looks like it is uncomfortable for him. There isn't a whole lot that can be done at home, really. Is the bump hard
or soft? Does it seem to really be bothering him or causing pain?
His beard is dark in the picture, is it dark quite a bit?

Tracie
His beard was dark because i flipped him over! but now the last few days he’s constantly dark! hes not eating at all and barely moves or opens his eyes. Poor old boy, we don’t have a reptile vet near us and we are just trying to keep him comfortable now

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Goodness, can you try to get food into him using a dropper or syringe? Is he wanting to bask at all?
This is very strange. How is the bump looking, any changes?
We can review your tank setup also, to be sure it is correct. Are you using a good UVB light for him? What are his
basking temperatures currently?
We are all pulling for him!

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom