100/150watt

nocontextlizard

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
LJ
Hello,

That is a nice looking tank!
Are you using a digital probe to double check the temperatures? Be sure that the overall, ambient
temperature of the tank on average doesn't get more than around 82F or so. They can get overheated
& not want to bask because they aren't able to cool off properly.
How is his appetite right now?

Tracie
I have both digital probe thermometers and an IR temp gun! His appetite is good! He eats his salad every morning and gets 10-15 Dubias every 4-5 days (Sometimes I switch it up for BSFL). Superworms as treats. I replaced the hammock with a ramp and he seems to be basking again!! It resides slightly lower than the hammock did, I think that was the issue. I will report back if he stops basking again. Thank you so much!

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
So, today, I moved his hammock and replaced it with a ramp that resides slightly lower and has a larger surface area. He seems to like this alongside the 150watt!! I think despite the hammock being very low it was still a little too close. He jumped onto the ramp immediately and basked for over an hour! Thanks for you help!
Your welcome I'm pretty new to this so I'm glad i was able to still help someone:) please let us know if it starts to happen again!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom